adding friends??

What happens when you add friends???

They get a warm glow!

👍^^

AsYouWish! wrote:

They get a warm glow!

😂😂😂😂😂😂 nothing happens... Years ago there used to be a chat function. Now there isn't, so essentially nothing happens, excellent except a warm glow like AYW said x

Makes them smile and plus you can check what they been up to or there wishlists

AsYouWish! wrote:

They get a warm glow!

Generally that is true, provided the friend request comes from someone who is actively using the forum. I delete all requests from people with no posts.

I agree it is just nice to have them :)

I do find it strange getting a random friend request from someone who hasn't even chatted on the forums. If you want to be 'friends' then least chat on the same things as I have! Lol

M-J wrote:

I do find it strange getting a random friend request from someone who hasn't even chatted on the forums. If you want to be 'friends' then least chat on the same things as I have! Lol

That was the point I was trying to make but you have put it so much better. I even have on my profile that I don't accept friend requests unless I have had some contact with them on the forum first. My OH says I should change my avatar!

capricorn13 wrote:

M-J wrote:

My OH says I should change my avatar!

Ignore him. Although have I mentioned my partiality to lady bums recently?

macspants wrote:

capricorn13 wrote:

M-J wrote:

I used to have a lovely pic of my assets as my avatar, I changed it to this one as I took a break from forums for 6 months as family life just became too hetic (my father has got quite sick) however, I thought I'd come back, as I missed everyone, when I logged in there were 3 new requests even though I'd been silent! Hence new avatar now

capricorn13 wrote:

M-J wrote:

That was the point I was trying to make but you have put it so much better. I even have on my profile that I don't accept friend requests unless I have had some contact with them on the forum first. My OH says I should change my avatar!

Oops, so sorry. I had better rescind my friends request as i didnt read your profile first. My Appologies.

M-J wrote:

macspants wrote:

capricorn13 wrote:

M-J wrote:

I used to have a lovely pic of my assets as my avatar, I changed it to this one as I took a break from forums for 6 months as family life just became too hetic (my father has got quite sick) however, I thought I'd come back, as I missed everyone, when I logged in there were 3 new requests even though I'd been silent! Hence new avatar now

Well I've had 10 friend requests from people I've never seen before after being away for a month and I've only ever had this profile picture. Must just be a whole bunch of people with sweet tooths on here!

I see that friend requests are redundant on here from the above thread, albeit to get a 'warm glow'.....

In the cold wastelands of the north where the hail batters your face, and the wind bites at you bare skin, the nights are long and cold.

Imagine my dismay, disappointment and then panic - when logging in after all this time not a single friend has knocked on my proverbial door 😓

If they had I would have wondered what benefits lay ahead but as it is, I see (second and third hand no less) this feature is..............Redundant!! **gasps**

Add me you cold hearted charletens land make someone smile !! lol

😂😂😂😋

Add me you cold hearted charletens land make someone smile !! lol

😂😂😂😋

When you accept a request, a fairy comes back to life.

A few people have tried to add me since I joined.

I don't know why as I haven't really posted much of interest yet :-D

But just to say, I never add people as friends on things like this unless I do actually know them in real life. Otherwise I don't really understand the point in so doing.

So if you've added me and I declined it, please don't be offended - it's just the way I happen!

Where do I even see if someone added me? It is a bit odd when I am scrooling and see they added me under their avatar and I feel like I missed that notification from somewhere else.

Vanessa when you log in and you see the welcome back messages above your order history, a small orange banner will be there saying friend requests pending.