Quick question about the "friends" function

Hello lovlies and lustlies!

I've discovered all these friend requests, which I obviously was quick to accept, because you are all such nice people!
But I was wondering: does this function "do" anything? Or is it just a nice way of going "hey, I've noticed you on the forum, and I like you!" type-thing?

I've tried to search for answers, but found none.

Guidance?

Aye bud that's what the friends are for, I friend request people who I genuinely enjoy speaking to. Hope this clears this up for you 👌 :-)<3

I use it for that exact reason..and I accept people who friend me too just to be friendly :-) I'm not aware you can do anything with the friend list except maybe send things from wishlists but I don't do that personally so I wouldn't know. I expect someone more knowledgeable than me will be along to help soon :-)

edit: classy lass beat me to it! Lol

classy lass wrote:

Aye bud that's what the friends are for, I friend request people who I genuinely enjoy speaking to. Hope this clears this up for you 👌 :-)<3

+1 I think it's just a really nice way to acknowledge people that you really enjoy chatting too, and it feels nice when you get a request too :) xx

You hit the nail on the head, i think it would be great if you would private chat to people on the forum ect but then Lovehoney would end up being a chat up site which i wouldnt like :(

X

Yes I take it as a complement that someone has liked what I've added to a conversation. However I have noticed that I get most friends requests after I've posted a picture!

Thanks guys! Seems I have the right idea then ^^
Coincidentally I really like all the ones who've befriended me too :P
Thanks for clearing things up =)

I usually get friend requests when I have gifted someone something. So weather it offends people or not I only accept people as friends if I think we have something in common and I like chatting with them.

If they just want me to be your friend to get gifts your not the sort of person I want to be friends with.

Fun Louise wrote:

I usually get friend requests when I have gifted someone something. So weather it offends people or not I only accept people as friends if I think we have something in common and I like chatting with them.

If they just want me to be your friend to get gifts your not the sort of person I want to be friends with.

Well said Fun Louise perfect answer

(have you read my review yet ? )

Davidxx

Fun Louise wrote:

I feel I'm being dumb here, but how can people tell if you'e gifted someone something? I had such high plans of sending a little cheer-up gift to someone, but if it's possible to tell, I don't know if I have the guts to!

And yes, I can see how the gifting thing in here has an extremely positive and an extremely annoying side. Those "People are so lucky to get gifts, no one would ever do something like that for me - HINT HINT"-posts make me feel like it's high shcool all over again.

Actually, now that I think about it, ist hat what you meant? When you "confess" to having gifted someone something in the gift thread, other people add you?

Because it's not possible to see on your profile or anything, right?

Clockwork Oasis thats what can happen people read that you have gifted a pressie to some one then become you friend and hope ! Dxx

D.j wrote:

Clockwork Oasis thats what can happen people read that you have gifted a pressie to some one then become you friend and hope ! Dxx

All right! So it is like high shcool!

Anyway, good! I am glad anonymous gifts can be, well, anonymous :>