adult hook up / dating sites

Recently looking at online dating as an option but in the process have come across sites that are more just people looking for one night stands etc. Although it's not something I'm looking for right now. Are any of these sites genuine or just full of fake accounts and hookers?

I have friends that use Tindr, so I know it's genuine. You might still get fake accounts and prostitutes using it too, I don't know, but there are genuine profiles too.

If you (or anyone else reading this) decide to give hook-up sites a try, a word of advice - even if these women are just looking for casual sex, be prepared for the likelihood that they will want to have a bit of conversation online first. It's that old anecdote - the things men fear most about meeting someone online is that she'll be fat, the thing women fear most is being murdered. Most women will feel the need to ensure their safety by sounding you out for a bit first before agreeing to meet up - it doesn't mean they're not genuine, it just means she's being sensible. If you message someone who agrees to meet up with you straight away without even the slightest of small talk, you should probably be wary.

Me and my wife met online on Match. We spoke extensively via text, then in the phone before meeting. It was important as we both understood what each other wanted, and the phone call was important because we then knew we could hold a good conversation before meeting. The rest, I guess, is just history!

Just be clear on your profile about what you want. If it's meant to be, then it'll happen for you.

Best of luck 😊

Im on Plenty of Fish, all the people ive come across have been genuine and most want a relationship! love it, would reccommend it!xxx

I met my boyfriend on plenty of fish just before I was about to give up on it as the majority seemed to just be after a casual thing. Even with stating what I was looking for it didn't stop them trying. As long as you stand by what you want and can persevere then keep trying! I'm so glad I did, he is amazing and I couldn't imagine life without him now

I met my FB/lover in local-slappers which appears to be one of the many syndicated sites which includes plenty of fish, f buddies etc.