advice about guys

why is it so hard for a guy to answer to a message!!!!

im waiting for a reply to my wonderful text that i sent rather late last night saying

"im just gonna say it cos u've not replied. i like you alot n i wanna be more than friends. i know we dont know much about each other but i find that fun discovering new things each time we talk. i probably screwed it all up cos i know i can be a handful at times n quite childish. i know i can be insensitive and say things without thinkin. but yeah i've for once put myself out there n i am brickin it inside. this is all new to me and soz its l8 x"

what would a typical guy say to that??

what ppl think will happen, have i wrecked it alll??

both me n him are 20, and he got out a relationship about 6/7 months ago, n i got out of one 2 months ago. I stayed at his house saturday night, but he slept on the floor like a perfect gentleman, n even lent me a tshirt in the mornin lol. We spent from 7am til about midday walking around the town, park and woods just chatting and messing about. I then stupidly send a messge saying how i werent sure what to do whether i should wait n watch him maybe slip away from me or if i should say somehting n risk rejection. well that was two days ago, n i got nothing back.

You are making life way too complicated. Your text should go like this " I enjoy spening time with you, would you like to go out with me some time" DONT EVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN IN A TEXT MESSAGE. IM sure you are not in reality that childish a screwup or insensitive.

Personally, I'd be cautious if I ever recieved a text like that from someone that I was only slightly interested in. Don't put all your cards on the table ! As des69er says, a simple "I'd love you get to know you more, fancy going out sometime" would suffice.

Hope it goes well for you

I'd say the text was pretty childish

By all means express your feelings to him but there's a time and place. A random text isn't it. If there doesn't seem to be an appropriate time and place then chances are that's because one or both of you are subconciously making sure there isn't. Him, in this case.

I'd also say the non reply was rejection on it's lamest level. At 20 years old he should have had the balls to reply with at least SOMETHING by now.

Delete his number, carry on.

Seems to me like you've scared him/freaked him out a little, he probs had fun with you that night/morning, next thing he knows he's had two full on texts from you, perhaps out the blue, in his head he was perhaps just a mate and now he's been told differently in quite a heavy way....

As MsM said he should have replied by now, but we know most people, of either sex, find it hard to reject people either to their face or via text, so he's taken the 'ignore' approach.

I'd leave him be, he might come around in time but think I'd perhaps just focus on having fun with friends for now...

Put it down to experience, learn from it and approach the next guy that comes along differently

ok thank you x

I disagree with everyone. I think that's a sweet text. At least you are honest. Maybe he is thinking of what to text you back, not to seem too keen - to many games go on in flirting and love in general. At the end of the day, if you don't hear from him, maybe he wasn't for you xx

have you spoke or text since and if so how did it go?

End of the day blackpantha, don't take anything said in this thread negatively ! Hopefully he'll text you back, set yourself a time to wait before you text him, however you haven't really asked him any questions so I don't know what your expecting back. Some guys do need a bit of a push, if you think he is one of these guys, maybe you could follow up with a text saying "Have you had a chance to think about what I said ? Fancy meeting up for a drink so we can chat properly ?". I'd be far more receptive plus think you have realized what you said might have been daunting and are offering an easier way to talk.

not heard anything back but i also keeping in mind he said he wont have credit til beginning of next month and the fact that he may just need time to think of what to say.

I think i'll give him til next monday cos then i know he'd have had credit by then and if he still hasnt text well then i'll just ask to whether he wants to meet to at least get his tshirt back.....

fingers crossed for you, hope it works out but dont stress plenty of fsih in the sea.

thank you and oh so true, its just so hard to find a fish that wants to be caught though lol

if he was into you he would beg borrow or steal credit. i dont like to say it but dont hold out too much hope. I hope im wrong

Ok...

He might not know what to do right now for whatever reason. So when ever you see him next time, be pleasant and relaxed. Don't seem like you're dragging the issue in your mind, it'll be a very awkward situation. If he raises the subject with you, accept his reason/decision but do not start chatting about it in depth, let him do all the talking. Then, carry on being pleasant and chatty with everyone.

He may start talking to you again. That's if you are happy with just being his friend.

If there is a connection, sexual, friendship etc it will build gradually over time if he feels he can be open with you. You'll find your answer whether you're friends, lovers or absolutely nothing at all from that.

des69er wrote:

if he was into you he would beg borrow or steal credit. i dont like to say it but dont hold out too much hope. I hope im wrong

I have to agree and is there no internet he could use??? wait and see maybe hes just a really slow texter!

I agree dont use texts or internet to say stuff like that, as you cant gauge tone/humour and and make you not appear the way you want too.

Also how late was the text? I have a habbit of reading a text if its sent late (1am-5am) and then going back to sleep and when i wake up i forget that i got a text at all because i was so tired.

23:22 was the time lol

I wouldn't worry too much, you are very young, as is he so just wait a while. Men are always wondering, when you get a girls number.... how long do you wait until you call her? Obviously if you had sex, he might just see it as a one off, and you might not hear from him again. Lets be honest, men and women, we have all done that... Can you not see him in person instead of this texting? xx

Some men are just bloody useless at responding to texts - and most of them don't do more than a couple of lines.

It's possible you've scared him off a little. Like others have said, don't over complicate things.

I'd be tempted to ask himout for a drink. If he says yes, go from there and have a face-to-face convo with him. If he says no or you get no reply just move on.

Don't forget - some men don't wear their emotions on their sleeves like women do so he might just not know how to respond!!

Angel x

Sorry to go off topic, Blackpantha, sorry i didn't reply to your chat, I was on my phone and although it says I'm signed in, I can't use chat, just letting you know I wasn't ignoring you.