Advice and opinions

I have items in my basket on various sites and now that black friday is offering some interesting discounts.

There is an item ive been thinking of getting which was expensive and with the discounts its 35% off but is still priced at £132.

I cant decide if i will get enough use out of it or if its a silly purchase in these tough times

2 Likes

You’ll need to elaborate on this a bit :joy: we have no idea what it is or what you like or if you have enough spare time to use it to warrent the cost etc :man_shrugging:t3:

Only you know your financial circumstances and whether you can afford to splash out on a treat.

If you don’t use it, is it something you can resell/return?

4 Likes

For me personally, what I tend do is, I work out what I’ve got coming in and what’s going out that month, and if there’s any extra payments that month. And also if I’m in two minds about getting it over the cost and if I will use it much, then I tend to go with not getting it.

2 Likes

I think that only you know the answer, listen to that little voice inside you and you’ll make the right decision.

1 Like

Exactly as @MsSubExperimenter says, it depends on your financial situation. If you can afford it and it’s not taking money away from bills and normal monthly outgoings then you are definitely allowed a treat and it might be more expensive in 6 month’s time. If it means you might not be able to pay your electricity bill, the morgage, the kid’s dentist bill, etc. step away.

Its basically a stockade or restraint frame

1 Like

Potentially but im not great at selling things lol

Its £200 before deals etc.
I have enough to pay bills and stuff.

1 Like

That little voice usually says “Feed Me!!” Haha

1 Like

I think you want someone to tell you no. You’re not selling it to us, you’re not talking excitedly about it. You didn’t even say what item it is until you were asked.

My advice and opinion is no. You’re not going to get use out of it and you could spend the money on something else that gets you excited.

1 Like

My excitement levels almost seem in the negative lately :frowning: just dont want to miss out on a good deal on something ive had in my shopping basket for a while

1 Like

@zombifiedguy its only a good deal if you want/ need the product and would get the use out of a product. How many people have bought foot spas, bread makers etc and used them 6 times and then left them at the back of a cupboard. If your not excited leave it.

2 Likes

If it’s something that you want, you’ve been thinking about it for a while, you can afford it and you’re going to enjoy it then go for it. Do they have a good returns policy? If you buy it and don’t like it, can you return it?

1 Like

@zombifiedguy have you bought it?

Not yet. Black friday code expired but cyber monday code offers same % off

As far as i know they have a pretty good policy, havent really used it before though

1 Like

Is it something that is going to give you joy? If so, go for it.

A friend gave me that advice once - if something in your home isn’t giving you joy, get rid of it (unless it’s essential of course - we were talking about clothes and general clutter) and vice versa, if you find something that you think will give you joy and you can afford it then go for it. To put this into perspective, I’m a very sensible, hesitant person who hates waste so never throws things out and I worry a lot about spending money on things that aren’t totally essential. Maybe for an impulsive buyer this would be awful advice but for me it was very helpful.

5 Likes

Every time I do a clear out, I channel Marie Kondo! I have had a lot of joyless items!

1 Like

I think that might be where my friend got it from! It’s a good way to think about it. Unfortunately I get very emotionally attached to random inanimate objects!

2 Likes

What is the item? :smiley: