advice and suggestions are seriously needed

Probably yes. Or you could call your old GP and ask for those letters to be sent to you, as you're entitled to them when making a benefit claim. He's probably passed them to your new doctor anyway, so they might be able to send them on for you. If he can't, your new doctor should be able to write a letter for you. If you can only leave the house together and not separately due to a health condition, I think that says a lot.

I do think you should try applying in his name, as he's got a good chance of being accepted with the added issue of a terminal illness. If he's accepted, then you should definitely register for carer's allowance, it's £62 a week or something which would probably help you both a lot. If you're entitled to it and you need it, ask for it. If you need any more advice on the process, I can ask my mother for further advice xx

I think (don't quote me,) that the letter from old gp will be on the computer at the surgery. Does that make sense? I never thought of that we are intitled to them whilst making a benefit claim, so legally they have to provide them for us right?
I think she wrote theletter and notes on the computer at the surgery so it probably shouldn't be much hassle to get hold of them (I'd imagine. )
My new Dr is not the nicest so I'm slightly concerned he'd be funny about doing a new letter. Maybe I could get the old letter from the jsa- Do you think?

It's really affecting our everyday lives not being able to leave the house as and when we please. I just really wish that the drs left at the surgery understood that. I think half of them think we're "putting it on" we wish!

See the problem is the new Dr really doesn't see eye to eye with my oh so is totally unwilling to help, and always puts it down to an "act"! Like he has to explain everytime his anxieties and what not. He's even been on an ecg numerous times as he was so scared only this hasn't detered the Dr, he still thinks oh is out to get something for nothing which totally isn't the case.

We both really wish we could work but just aren't in a position to do so. It really is holding us back in life amongst other things 😕

If really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind asking your ma hunni. That goes a long way and means the world to me.
Thanks again lovely 😙💟xx

lmh95 wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

Imh95 - there is a free hospital transport bus in our area but the issue is there will be of sick people in it which is a no-no as my ohs got a serious terminal illness which could easily be terminal if we are among ill folk.

Thanks for your input hunni it's very much appreciated 💟xx

That's a shame slinky. If you are on benefits could you check with their helpdesk department if you keep the receipts for the taxi fares if it is possible that you can claim part or all of the money back? Hope you get something sorted out soon :)
Well I rang the benefits helpdesk who basically told me to do one 😣 they didn't even take my name, detsils or anything which I find astounding! I think they've got it wrong being in the situation we are I really believe that they should help. It really annoys me because drug addicts and alcoholics get all the privileges (not that I have ought against those folk,) it's just society is all wrong. I shall try to get intouch with them again and fingers crossed they'll show me empathy. I can't see it though. It's difficult enough being worried sick everyday without all these added pressures 😢 Anyway hopefully it'll sort itself out. Cheers again for your advice I really do appreciate it hunni 😙💟xx

I know it's shocking right? I felt like a two-bit-criminal for making a general inquiry but was fobbed off completely by a seriously rude lady and I was only seeking advice.
Nah i didnt get her name i was just so shocked i didnt think to!
I told them I was desperate for them to say "not our problem, you'll have to walk if you've no other means"! To say I was shocked is an understatement! Hopefully it wont but if it comes to it We will walk the 140 mile round journey fortnightly as itll be so worth it as it may (fingers crossed,) fix my awesome oh but the point is I'm more than sure we shouldn't have to!

I'll try to get the ball rolling this week after my excruciating monthlys stop -to find out what's what.
Thanks for your support hunni 💟xx

No advice that hasn't already been given but I hope you sort something out and that things get better for you soon. Xxx

I'm so sorry to hear you going through this difficult time Slinky. I don't have any advice to offer, other than what others have already mentioned. I think it's shocking that you have received no help with the cost of traveling to the hospital. It must be costing you a fortune. I do hope things improve and you get some help soon. Sending big fluffy hugs. 😘💜

As your last option if all others fail . As it appears this is going to be regular, you may be able to negotiate a better rate with the operator . I would try it with a number of taxi operators and see how much discount they can give.

I hope you can get it sorted Slinky

Thank you for your kind supportive words mummy mermaid, i really do appreciate it. There has been some great advice already given. I've been making phone calls all day to no avail 😔

Oh well it could be worse, least I have food on the table (for now. Lol!) 💟xx

Aww bless you Leilak, it is such a difficult time right now and I just really hope we come through it and there's light at the end of the tunnel 💡
Don't worry about not having any advice to offer, there's been great advice already only shame that the relevant authorities don't want to help. Oh well, my granny always said "what's for you will not go by you" I really hope that there's light at the end of our long, exhausting road.

Cheers again Leilak 😙💟xx