Beating the blues :(

Hellooo

So I've been really down these past few months and it's been getting progressively worse, I moved back into my parents home yesterday as my lease was up and I couldn't renew it & it's really taken its toll on my, I've cried everyday I've been back and it won't stop. I don't have any friends where I am and all my friends are back where I was living, including the gy I'm seeing, he is a bad texter so it's hard to get hold of him. I just feel really alone here and have nothing to do, I am trying to find a room in a flat so I can leave again but the money is an issue, I've also booked into the doctors to see if they can give me anything.

But does anyone have any advice or perk up ideas? Has this happened to anyone before? Sorry for the long post x

Get to the gym, do a cheap gym, mines a tenner a month and do as many classes as you can and get talking to people. I understand how you feel, I'd never cope living with my mother again after uni and living with OH x

Young and fun95 wrote:

Get to the gym, do a cheap gym, mines a tenner a month and do as many classes as you can and get talking to people. I understand how you feel, I'd never cope living with my mother again after uni and living with OH x

Thanks ^_^ I started running this year so I've been going out, I've never ha a relationship with my dad so it's tough living with him as we don't speak because we physically can't, hopefully something will come up in the flatmate hunt x

I haven't been through anything similar, but I am sending lots of hugs your way. It must be really difficult.

I agree with Y&F that you should try going to a gym. Working out helps highten your mood and it might make you feel a bit better.

I hope everything works out for you!

MissNoir Ive been in the exact same situation when I broke up from the mother of my children, I hated every minute of going back home to my parents. But it all worked out in the end for me as I now live in my own house with a garden.

Im sure thing will get better, it just takes time to sort things out.

Everything works out in the end. I know its hard not to get stressed but making new friends can help :)

As the saying goes " their is always someone worse off"

![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I've also heard that going to the gym is helpful.
It's hard to really offer advice about being down.ive been in a bad place for a couple of months.routine has helped,work has been busy so my mind has been occupied. A planned holiday and a complete change of environment really helped.
It's the quiet times when my mind goes over and over everything that's the hardest.
Whatever you do it will be a gradual process and you shouldn't put pressure on yourself. Take it slowly as an ongoing thing. You will have good days as well ones that aren't as good but keep going forward.
You say your oh is poor at texting.talk to them and see if they can make a little more effort to text or phone.just little things

I've been down just like this! I live on my own and I don't have many friends in my new city. Also, being with parents again is tough. They think you're exactly the same as when you left and you feel like everything's changed. It can be very lonely and isolating. Exercising was great for me. I can't afford the gym so I do yoga and aerobics at home everyday. Really helps center my mind and relax. Also, I picked up a hobby. I've started baking more, painting and sewing when I'm on my own. I feel like producing something and being creative helps. I also had to learn to enjoy spending time with myself, no small feat when you have cripplingly low self esteem like I do. I would just take a book and sit in a bar on my own or take myself out to a nice dinner.

Honestly though, there is nothing wrong with feeling down. I think we want the expediency of a quick fix to our feelings but sometimes it's helpful just to have them for a bit and get to know ourselves. It doesn't sound like your clinically depressed, I mean, you have legitimate changes in your life that are emotional triggers. Don't be afraid to feel bad. I hope it gets better for you!x

MissNoir wrote:

Hellooo

So I've been really down these past few months and it's been getting progressively worse, I moved back into my parents home yesterday as my lease was up and I couldn't renew it & it's really taken its toll on my, I've cried everyday I've been back and it won't stop. I don't have any friends where I am and all my friends are back where I was living, including the gy I'm seeing, he is a bad texter so it's hard to get hold of him. I just feel really alone here and have nothing to do, I am trying to find a room in a flat so I can leave again but the money is an issue, I've also booked into the doctors to see if they can give me anything.

But does anyone have any advice or perk up ideas? Has this happened to anyone before? Sorry for the long post x

chin up Hun x

Try not to feel this is specifically anythign wrong with you, as no one takes to moving back in with the parents, after you've had independance, it just does not work.

I prefer swimming to the Gym personally, and although swimming can be quiet, it doesn't mean that your mind can start stressing about what has been bothering you.

also, keep the weight off your shoulders by talking to your friends on here, and your friends back where you were living by electronic means etc. a friend in need, a problem shared etc, it all works.

best wishes.

Thank you everyone for your advice & stories, it's made me feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone. I've never really had friends nd this is the first time I've left my best friend in over a year, going from having him downstairs and seeing him everyday to being in a different town has got me, we skyped earlier so we'll do that most days & i've to go visit. I only have 2 friends and they listen to me crying most days and I feel bad but they do understand that I miss them & am the needy one out of us. I've had my first day at my parents and my dad hasn't uttered a word to me & my mum is away on holiday just now so I can't go to her for a hug.

I've attended counselling twice as I couldn't cope, but I'm determined not to get to that stage this time, I run everyday for half an hour and am going to start swimming and long distance running, it's just getting used to being back here again as I was living in the city centre with everything on the doorstep where here there is nothing but a Tesco 20 minutes away and motorway.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, it really means a lot to me, the LH community feels lke my family and I dont feel ashamed to be myself aorund everyone (even if that means me being soppy like right now). Thanks everyone xx

MissNoir wrote:

Thank you everyone for your advice & stories, it's made me feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone. I've never really had friends nd this is the first time I've left my best friend in over a year, going from having him downstairs and seeing him everyday to being in a different town has got me, we skyped earlier so we'll do that most days & i've to go visit. I only have 2 friends and they listen to me crying most days and I feel bad but they do understand that I miss them & am the needy one out of us. I've had my first day at my parents and my dad hasn't uttered a word to me & my mum is away on holiday just now so I can't go to her for a hug.

I've attended counselling twice as I couldn't cope, but I'm determined not to get to that stage this time, I run everyday for half an hour and am going to start swimming and long distance running, it's just getting used to being back here again as I was living in the city centre with everything on the doorstep where here there is nothing but a Tesco 20 minutes away and motorway.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, it really means a lot to me, the LH community feels lke my family and I dont feel ashamed to be myself aorund everyone (even if that means me being soppy like right now). Thanks everyone xx

We are always here if you need to talk :) The forums a friendly place :)

MissNoir,

so sorry to hear about your plight, but I like your tenacity to beat it.

I haven't been in your postion but when I am down I try and think about the good things in life, it might be something simple like a nice sunny day. Always try and see the good things in life, and not always the bad things, try and think positively on anything.

I also find time to be polite to people when I am out, a good morning, or holding the door open for someone is always helpful. These are all things that dont cost a penny, and even if the people you are trying to help dont appreciate it, at least you can walk off knowing that you have helped someone and done your best.

Just think positive!

Good luck

Good point by kanu ^^
I've been in your situation when I broke up with my ex, moved back in with my parents at 20 they treated me as though i was a teenager. It was the worst point of my life, I was so depressed and hated the world. My folks even locked me in the house once because I was drunk and they didn't want me to go out. I freaked out we had a massive argument and I tried to climb through the bay window but my folks were trying to stop me, luckily I was uninjured on the fall, but it could of killed me, coming off the bay window and narrowly missing my head on the wooden thing that I had to climb into to get to the bay window. The irony is I was shouting for help and the police came. Guess who got taken away in the police car? Aye me! I was in the cells all night it was horrible. I nearly missed work because of it too.
Needless to say after that incident I was out of there within a month, travelling to different parts of Britain.
Ended up meeting oh and now I have my happy ever after 😄
You will get through it, get out to do cafes, the gym as suggested, swimming (I love swimming) you'll meet new friends and soon feel happy again.
Chin up and look at the positives as said already. You will get through this hard time. Sending hugs 💟xx

bex1213 wrote:

.... Exercising was great for me. I can't afford the gym so I do yoga and aerobics at home everyday. Really helps center my mind and relax. Also, I picked up a hobby. I've started baking more, painting and sewing when I'm on my own. I feel like producing something and being creative helps.....

Honestly though, there is nothing wrong with feeling down. I think we want the expediency of a quick fix to our feelings but sometimes it's helpful just to have them for a bit and get to know ourselves. ...

I second all that. Exercise is a great means to feeling better, it doesn't matter what you do and where you are doing it, just get moving. And yes to creating something - again, it doesn't matter whether you are cooking, sewing, reparing a bike or renovating a house - the important thing is to find something you like doing and where you can be proud of the result.

Though there still will be times when things go wrong and you feel horrible - tthat's normal. Nobody is happy all the time...