Advice needed finding FWB

I send unsolicited duck and Dec pics! :wink:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s preferable to Ant and Dec picsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d just hate to see someone who is looking for a partner ( sexual or otherwise) to get hurt in anyway in a site that may be unsecured.
Seem to be nice people on this forum, not necessary the same else where. Take people here at face value.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure I understand your point @Iwill? Surely itā€™s the same meeting people in real life? You still donā€™t know who someone really is until you get to know them properlyā€¦ (and even then Iā€™d argue you may never get to know the ā€˜realā€™ version of somebody). I said above in this thread to obviously do checks etc with phone and video calls to make sure people are who they say they are, but it feels a bit contradictory to say you take people on an anonymous forum at face value but donā€™t use apps in a safe way? Iā€™m also not sure I agree with your term ā€˜normalā€™ dating app - what is normal?

Iā€™ve met some wonderful people through dating apps (of all kinds) and have friends and colleagues who have met one night stands/friends with benefits/are in brilliant long term relationships through apps. Absolutely advocate for safe use of apps, but Iā€™d expect that for people you meet in person too. Just because they donā€™t appeal to you (although I note you said youā€™ve never used them) doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t for everyone.

3 Likes

Iā€™m finding the toys fantastic for being able to take as much time as I like to relax and fully enjoy the sensations without any pressure. Iā€™m still thinking about the best use of imagination, donā€™t want to fall into any unhappy obsessions with someone or some activity that isnā€™t available.

3 Likes

What I meant was, sites that are specifically for sexual connotations may require extra care, purely because of the nature of the site.
Of course you can get dubious people on any app and caution is required wherever.
The Lovehoney forum is not a site to meet sexual partners, so I take peopleā€™s opinions and advice shared at face value, but people will obviously take out of it what they want to.
Iā€™m just concerned about single women in particular and in this part of the thread @Littleblondechick , potentially having a bad experience.
Iā€™m not suggesting everyone ( males)who uses sexual connection apps have bad intentions, Iā€™m purely emphasising how careful women should be , no more than that. Call me old fashioned if you like.
Iā€™m sorry if I sounded unjustifiably critical of all sexual connection sites, that wasnā€™t my intention.

4 Likes

I prefer to think of it in terms of ā€˜genuineā€™ people and ā€˜not genuineā€™. All people who are using a site for genuine reasons should be wary of the possibility of being exploited by the people on the site who are not genuine. Iā€™m not sure gender is important.

And this isnā€™t solely an internet thing, I think itā€™s applicable to real life too.

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp .Thatā€™s a fair point, weā€™ll made.

1 Like

Yeah, I have several friends with benefits and met some really nice people. Obviously, not every hook up is amazing but then neither is regular dating.

As for the revealing pictures. Once youā€™ve seen oneā€¦, then another and another, you realise just what a variety there is: guys and girls. There are some real pretty d*cks around, just as there are beautiful boobs and bums.

ā€¦ and some of the comments posted on our own ā€˜Lingerieā€™ appreciation have little to do with the lingerie

5 Likes