advice needed

Hi all just need some reasurrance really.

Had the coil fitted 2 months ago nearly 3. Haven't bled heavily or had pains just the odd spotting.

Had my first smear last week and have been bleeding on and off since then andpasr 2 days quite heavily. And today the period pains came back.

Would this be normal?

X

I would keep an eye on it and if the pain continues and the bleeding contact your doctor. If ever in any doubt about your health never hesitate going to the doctor. x

Yup, it sounds normal... Doc could hit off it while doing smear and the lining of the womb is delicate.. Also with the coil ( I've had two in), the first 4/5 months ull notice u might bleed irregularly due to hormones settling in your body..

Keep a record of ur bleeding, amount of loss, clots etc if it's anything u feel isn't normal, check in with ur doc for ur own peace of mind.

Anymore questions u think I might be able to answer, feel free to ask.. Best of luck xx

The OH had it for over a year, for the first year this sort of thing is normal according to her doctor, but when it persisted she had to have it taken our her body just wasn't taking to it. It really depends on the person. Keep an eye on it and if you are really worried consult your doctor regularly. X

I agree with the others to keep an eye on it. But- mine took about 6 months to settle down properly. I had a lot of spotting, and then every now and again, and pretty randomly- A LOT of pain (but I haven't had kids and was told to expect this).

I'm so glad I stuck with it though- I don't really notice it at all now and haven't had a proper period in years! When this one is due to come out, I'm having another put straight in (I've been told by a doctor the second one will be a lot easier). In my opinion they are totally worth the randomness of the first few months, so again- be vigilant and contact your doctor if you're worried, but it will probably settle down.

Double-posted- sorry!