Advice on New things to do (non-sexual)

First time I have ever started my own thread ... woo!

I am hoping if some of you could give me some advice on activities that my OH and I can try. Throughout our relationship, besides the ocassional meal in a restaurant, we mainly just end up staying at his - which I do love doing because it's nice to have time together alone and have a cuddle (and maybe a little more ... *nervous laugh*) but obviously this can be a bit repetitive. Not boring, but doing something different couldn't hurt?

I did suggest staying at a local hotel for a couple of nights. He seemed at first to like the idea but just as I was about to sort it out I rung him up and suddenly he thought it didn't seem worth the money to go somewhere local.

Ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

How about going to the cinema, or a change of restaurant? A new menu can freshen your resolve and you might find a new favourite place :)

Thank you Tiger :) they both sound like really good ideas to try. Can't go wrong with a film and a cuddle, can you? Lol.

Stroll in the park , cook each other a meal . go to the beach . Plan a weekend away , Have fun x

Art galleries, museums,the theatre,concerts the ballet, I went to my first ballet a couple of years ago and it was amazing. If your going to stay in a hotel go further afield to somewhere that you have never experienced.

Picnic by a river

ZoeTheBabe wrote:

He seemed at first to like the idea but just as I was about to sort it out I rung him up and suddenly he thought it didn't seem worth the money to go somewhere local.

I have selectively quoted your post (apologies for that) of ccourse you must live within your means but never ever put a price on the bigger picture which is your life together

Me and my partner both made lists of things we would like to do whether it be now or in a lifetime then were going to put them together and tick them off as we go any new ideas we jot them down, whether it be simple things like playing a game of pool ( of course ill win) or going a romantic trip to Paris :)

My wife and I did some dance classes together when we were first married.

We also used to spend our Sunday afternoons walking by the river in Winchester,

Maybe go out to hear a band? Doesn't have to be a big name with a high ticket price either. Live music's been hard hit by the economic problems so venues and bands can use some help. Drink is what drives the costs up, so just be sensible there if you need to keep expenses down.

a few ideas of different type and expense.....

Live music / comedy / theatre

walks / picnic / pub lunch / restaurant

swimming / tennis / badminton / other 2 player indoor sports hall type sport

golf driving range is different and can be fun even if no good and is normally cheaper than people think

cinema / tv shows (applause store is good for this)

dance lessons / something irregular that couples can do that people wouldnt expect

ice skating

live musice venues, we love "The brook" in southhampton top (cheap) nite out

and slightly more expensive, how about a new hobby? we go BLOKARTING ( google it ) plenty of taster sesons around the country and an adictive sport x

T

What about putting loads of scented candles in the bathroom, running a hot bath with plenty of bubbles, then jumping in together with a bottle of Champagne - or cheap bubbly of any sort - just make sure you keep it out of the hot water :-)

Wow, thanks guys, these all sound great! I particularly like the idea of writing down some of the things we'd both like to do, and that bath and champagne idea sounds really romantic :D. x

long walk down a cold grey beach , holding hands, collecting pebbles an then goin home with some beers & cuddling up in bed after is my idea of romance ...

Get a camera and go out on trips and take some nice photographs. You also now have a nice camera for bedroom fun as well :)

My husband and I quite regularly go to our local theatre to watch
Amature but very good shows. They're a fraction of the price of
Profesional shows. Also haing friends over for dinner or takeaway
While playing cards or watching a film.
In good weather we like to go on bike rides and take a picnic, also
We like to go to a comedy club (a bit expensive) or see a local
pub band for free.

Hosting dinner parties is ace :)

Especialy if you make everyone play munchkin :)

I would suggest all of the above are ideas too, but you cannot beat a night out at a comedy show, especially if you're both feeling a little tired from work or whatever else life might be throwing at you.

Go rollerblading (or 'in-line' skating) in the park. It's great fun, plenty of places to go (if you are in London Victoria, Hyde or Regents park are good), but any flat park wherever you live will do.

The skates are relatively cheap and last quite a while, wear rucksacks with a blanket and maybe some food and drink, and when you are fed up have a little rest or sleep and cuddle on the grass.

Works best in sunshine