After play plug removal pain

Hey all!
Anal novice here, recently started to play around with our new tail plug, which, is exciting and whilst playing feels wonderful, but once we’ve finished, and it’s time for removal, I find it so uncomfortable, if sometimes a little painful, can anyone guide me on how to properly do this?
We use water based lubricant, maybe oil would be better? Thanks all! :blush:

1 Like

Hi @emmalouisevd, I think oil lasts longer than water based lubes but I’ve not tried. I’ve tried silicone lube and this lasts ages! Personslly I would use a silicone lube or an anal (thicker) water base lube for a butt plug. Don’t use silicone lube with a silicone toy though. I think the tail ones are metal?

I sometimes find getting a plug back out a bit harder than getting it in. I find waiting a few minutes longer after sex helps me to relax the muscles a bit easier. If you have just had an orgasm, your pelvic floor muscles can still be tight which might not help. This doesn’t happen for many people but it does for some.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Changing to an oil based lube may help as the discomfort could be that all the lube has dried up/ been absorbed. Alternatively, when you come to remove the plug, you could add some more lube to your anus. Depending on the plug, if you can get some inside you too this will help. You can always apply to the stem of the plug and gently move it up and down to spread the lube a little.

4 Likes

As people have mentioned water based lubricants tend to dry up or get absorbed so if you’re involved in a long session you need to re-lube or change to silicone or oil based lubricants. You can use any lubricant with glass or metal plugs but don’t use silicone lubricant with silicone plugs.

1 Like

Thank you all so much, I will buy some oil based anal lube for next time :slight_smile: Yes, this on is metal, but will remember the tip of I get any silicone toys :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve had same problem in the past with one of my plugs like if I leave it in for a while, when it comes to taking out it’s like the anal muscles have tightened up again and your having to re-stretch to pull out…

One of my conclusions I’ve since then done is got a buttplug with a wider base and limited the amount of time I’ve kept it in by just taking it out and putting back in again so those muscles stay loosened up. Plus a top up of lube helps too in making sure it doesn’t dry out.

6 Likes

@emmalouisevd When you say play what do you mean and also how new to anal are you? My OH wouldn’t let me anywhere near her plug when she was a novice, they were literally for stretching to the next size ready to make anal play easier, once she was comfortable with her plugs and they went in easy then I was allowed to play.
If your new to anal theres a good chance your bruising the inside of your anus, also all the movement of the plug might be drying out the lube also which will be contributing to any damage possibly being done!
Anal is a slow process that takes months to train for it to be comfortable

1 Like

@Yes_man Forplay in to sex. Not that new entirely, this plug is a slim one, so no thicker than 3 inches, my OH spends a good amount of time with me, using his fingers and relaxing me to take the plug, he’s very gentle and takes it slowly and We use the clench and release method to make the plug easier to insert, with lots of lube. I guess the pain isn’t as painful as my question may come across as, just a tight sensation and uncomfortable to remove post play.

1 Like

I often remove my plug as I orgasm, sort of like how some people like to pop anal beads out at the same time. I don’t really enjoy the sensation of it being in me/being removed after we’re done and I do enjoy the sensation of it moving when I cum. If I don’t pull it out during orgasm, I do it right after, before the sensations disappear completely. Would that be an option for you?

Important: if you are going to do this, have somewhere to put it! I have so often been left limp and exhausted, with a used butt plug waving around in one hand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

4 Likes

Melted coconut oil may be a good option for you (get the virgin kind in the big tub if you can).
It smells nice, feels naughty & amazing, and has great “slip” and staying power for backdoor fun.
Also very useful for personal shaving if that is of interest.
Same disclaimer as mentioned previously about sensible pairing of toys to oil lubes.
Good luck!

I highly recommend Lovehoney Discover Water-Based Anal Lubricant for use with butt plugs.

1 Like

@emmalouisevd I know what you mean by the “tight sensation.” I often leave the plug for a little while after play before removing it, once I’ve relaxed and allowed my muscles down there to also relax. Everything gets quite tight and tense, especially after orgasming.

1 Like

It’s pretty much all been said but plenty of good anal lube and wait a few minutes afterwards before removal. We use glass toys mainly so any lube works but quite like Lovehoney Discover Water-Based Anal Lubricant. It’s a little thicker that normal lube and water based and although sold as an anal lube we find it good for everything.

Just got some of this lube for the new silicon toys we got. Do you need to reapply all the time? I’m used to silicon, put on once and good for an hour lol.

1 Like

I’d second that. Recently got some and can’t believe I went so long without!

1 Like

It was the first time using this lube and it didn’t seem to dry out the same as normal water based lube. I was using a much bigger plug than I’m used to so I did add a bit more lube each time I took it out and then reinserted as it was a bit of a challenge and I wanted to make final removal was as easy as possible.

1 Like

Yep. Totally agree with leaving things for a while after.
The anal sphincter muscles tense rapidly and hard during orgasm. It‘s an involuntary response from the autonomic nervous system, like closing your eyes when you sneeze.
It can take some time to relax them afterwards.

2 Likes