Age gap relationships

I'm all for age gap relationships, there is a 25 year age gap between me and my OH. His age never bothered me when I met him or now. Just means he has plenty to tell me about! Only draw back I can see is when he's gone and I'm still around but you must take each day as it comes. Make the most of him while he's here ;o)

I'm 9 years older than my wife. It seems to work well in our relationship.

age is a number, I am 2 years older than my oh (im 23 eek)

It's all to do with how compatible you are and the stages of your life.

Personally I see age as just a number, but I have at 21 (2yrs ago) bailed on a relationship when he was 7 years my senior and speaking of marriage and children and I wasn't ready.

Nathaniel wrote:

There's a rule that says you can only date someone who is half you age plus 7 years. Here's a handy graph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg.

Oh really? So if you met someone outside of that criteria and you liked them a lot you wouldn't be allowed to date them because wikipedia says so? Lol

I've been with someone 12 years older than me and we got on well, I generally tend to get on better with people older than me for some reason. But if I met someone who I cared about I wouldn't give a crap about how old they were, as long as it's within reason obviously.

It's when you get near retirement age and the man is younger that it can be a problem

I have a friend whose husband is in his early 50s and she is my age and would love to do things together and has realised that by the time he retires she will be nearly 85

Plain Jane wrote:

It's when you get near retirement age and the man is younger that it can be a problem

I have a friend whose husband is in his early 50s and she is my age and would love to do things together and has realised that by the time he retires she will be nearly 85

I agree, when I was in my early twenties I was in a relationship with a women who was eleven years older than me. The sex was great and we had a great time but I can remember thinking that she would retire sixteen years before me.

My oh is 5 years older than me. We've now been together for 10 months, and it's great. But a year ago I would never have thought I'd go for older. I'm 21, and a mature student. Being a guy I always dated younger, usually only one or two years younger, but would have gone younger if the person was right, and mature (but legal!) . Anyway, I met my other half, who I only found out was a bit older then I was expecting after starting to flirt, so decided to stick with it. can't say I've ever been happier with someone.

onesheet wrote:

My oh is 5 years older than me. We've now been together for 10 months, and it's great. But a year ago I would never have thought I'd go for older. I'm 21, and a mature student. Being a guy I always dated younger, usually only one or two years younger, but would have gone younger if the person was right, and mature (but legal!) . Anyway, I met my other half, who I only found out was a bit older then I was expecting after starting to flirt, so decided to stick with it. can't say I've ever been happier with someone.

My wife is four years older than me and we have been married for 21 years. It is also the case that in most of the marriages of our friends that the wife is older.

This may be unusual but it seems to work.

My wife will always have her toy boy and as I have always been attracted to older women, I will not be trading her in for a younger model. Lol

My wife is 38 days older than me but I can honestly say it hasnt affected our relationships.

Iā€™m very much the older woman

I have a relative who married a lady 22 years older than he . They got along great for many years , but then she came to the point where sex was pretty much done . They have been working on a divorce for about 3 years . If I were single , age would not be a big issue . The person is more important than a number . As far as fuck buddies , I think about 21 - 75 would be my general range . In my imagination , I like to think my old body is in better shape than many men half my age . As for relationships , I think it would be easier to stay with maybe 10 years one way or the other .

My wife is 10 years younger to the day than I

1 Like