Age gap relationships

What are your views on age gap relationships, like the advantages and drawbacks, and whats the oldest person you would date.

Personally i think age is just a number and shouldnt determine peoples happiness

Also i think the advantages/drawbacks depend more on the actual person than the age

Biggest age gap i have had was 24 years (i was 18 he was 41/42) but he wasnt the right guy for me because of how he was, not his age

:)

xxx

age cannot determine maturity. There is an 18 year gap between me and my partner and we work amazingly together, the age gap enhances our relationship. I would be willing to date older than him too- Im 19 and would consider up to 60

Totally agree with what people have said - it's the person not the age - a lot of my close friends are 10-15 years older than me.

I dated someone who was 15 years older when I was 21 - the age gap was never an issue (but his ex-girlfriend was!)

My most recent ex was 11 years older - but quite frankly had the emotional maturity of someone 11 years younger than me!

Swings and roundabouts....

My parter is twenty years older than I am. Things are going great, he is very fit, most certainly I don't think of him as old, and I don't perceive any disadvantage. Each case is different, of course.

Was 4yrs when I was with Ex

I think the age gap becomes more important the younger the person is. A ten year gap between a 16 and 26 year old would perhaps be perceived as wrong, while a 32 to 42 year old gap would be more acceptable to the public consciousness.

2 Likes

Ork wrote:

I would say age really doesn't come in to the matter at all. Relationships shouldn't be entered on age etc, but on whether or not you love someone simple as that.

i agree

Very true too though!

its a factor. some relationships with a big age gap work some with no age gap dont

There aren't obvious age gay differences.

I've dated men a lot younger, as well as some twice my age. Mostly iut's cultural references wich make a gap, however, this is something I would get from any one, from any age, depending on hooby.

Past advatages:

* a house

* a career

* a solid income

* sexual experiences

* social and family networking

* and more

Current:

These and more can happen regasrdless, depending on people involved and experience and much, much more!

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

There aren't obvious age gay differences.

I hope you meant "GAP" lol

My partner is 18 years older.

There are disadvantages to this, of course there is, like he will retire years before me, he already has had kids, marriage and a hell of alot of debt that his ex left him with. His past means I cannot have a house, kids of my own and marriage etc.

But I love him so theres one big advantage right there. I don't think age has alot to do with anything but obviously the older you get the higher the liklihood of there being baggage of some description but that baggage will be parts of what makes the person what they are today. Whether that means the person is suited to you then thats another matter but there is no reason why an age gap relationship cannot work any more than a relationship involving people of a similar age couldn't work.

I wouldn't like to set an age that I wouldn't go above should me and my current partner not work out because every situation is individual but I do think things like them having children from previous relationships etc would influence my choice more than the age factor. That said I don't think you can help who you fall for so I wouldnt rule anything out.

I currently love the age gap. Though its not relationship, i have a fuckbuddy thing going and he is 10years older and i LOVE it.

I've never had sex like it, he's confident and makes me feel sexy and wanted. I feel under guys are always looking for someone hotter and smaller. where as this guy loves my curves and makes me feel more confident in bed. More experimental and well...it's just more satisfying. x

1 Like

I fear because I'm really inexperianced a guy who is older than I am will look down upon that but then again if he really likes me then it won't matter.

I do think that a 26-year-old dating a 16-year-old would make me squirm, but that's just my own personal opinion. If I met them in person and knew them socially and they got on very well, it's none of my business really how old they are.

I think women and men who date older people have it sussed out, I'm very mature for my age and have an old-fashioned view upon life so I'd have no problem dating a thirty year old (I'm 19). As long as I got on well with them!

Age is just a number - unless it can get you banged up! (For example a 30 year old sleeping with a minor. That's just wrong.)

There's a rule that says you can only date someone who is half you age plus 7 years. Here's a handy graph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg.

1 Like

Never been a problem for me and it never will be as long as you are happy !

Definitely don't agree with the above, I (G) had a very happy 2-year relationship with a woman just over 25 years younger, a year younger than my daughter in fact. We did get some odd looks when out and about from strangers but that didn't bother either of us. Friends were very understanding and supportive. Love doesn't pay any attention to age!

somegirlinthisworld wrote:

What are your views on age gap relationships, like the advantages and drawbacks, and whats the oldest person you would date.

I don't care if I jumped into bed with a 44 year old women.

the disadvanages are many people would say its not right and your a weirdo!

on the plus side you and have a good relationship, but some of relationships don't last offern I wouldn't be bothered if I was a toyboy!

And younger ladies wouldn't see you as a great sexual threat, but end up most likey protective of their mother!