Aluminium vs glass

Hi everyone! So I'm on the look out for a new butt plug and I have a question for all you lovely people. I'm in love with my glass icicles 48 one (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31111) and I've always been a big fan of glass, partly because I'm a neat freak and like how easy it is to clean.

Basically, I'm looking to try a new one. I love the pretty detailing and I'm a fan of the jeweled plugs aesthetically. My eye has definitely been caught by a few aluminium ones. I just wondered what y'all find the main differences are with the material? Is it lighter? Different in temperature? Anything really.

I'm not interested in stretching out as I like the feeling of fullness rather than insertaion so I'd like to stay around 4 inches circumference with a thin stem.

Hi Bex. I've got the icicle one you like and aluminium ones amongst quite a few others.
They're very similar in weight and the feel equally as dense and firm inside you.
I love both and wouldnt choose one over the other necessarily but the advantage of the metal is the temperature play. Both live in my freezer quite a bit and metal definitely gets colder and stays colder.
The stem on the metal is usually narrower too but the icicle one is very comfy.

Thanks! Great advice. I might just go ahead and take the plunge so to speak.

Make sure you pay attention to the sizing - metal large tends to be smaller than glass medium when it comes to plugs, for some reason.

I actually find aluminium lighter than glass, but there are also steel and other metals available to try different weights.

The temperature thing is true - even though the metal / glass might actually be the same temperature, metals feel colder, the denser the metal the colder it will feel and stay too.

Also, do be mindful of the metals you buy, I've had some in teh past that have had an alu coating on another metal base, and if that coating chips it is ruined.

One thing I find with steel, as it is much heavier than glas or aluminium, is that you get a greater feeling of fullness due to the weight. So even a smaller plug feel bigger inside than it actually is.

Not that (I think) people would put it in the dishwasher, but don't put aluminium in, glass and stainless steel are fine though to go in.