Amazon counterfeits?

Hello everyone!

I always see luxury sex toys on Amazon.com that routinely sell for half the price that Lovehoney charges. However, I've been warned that there are many counterfeit toys on Amazon and, of course, everything on this site is genuine.

I really want to buy a Lelo Hugo prostate massager. It's very expensive -- it retails for $245 US on the American Lovehoney site. I found a new Lelo Hugo being sold by a 3rd party merchant on Amazon for $145 US -- that's $100 off! It comes sealed in box with a warranty card, etc.

Is this an obvious counterfeit? If so, how could the seller have a 4.9/5 Amazon rating with thousands of sales?

My question goes out to all of you who have purchased luxury sex toys on Amazon. Were they counterfeit fakes, or the genuine real deal?

Thanks!

Dealt with a few counterfeits on amazon, not the worth the risk anymore, they can be really clever and cheeky. The funniest story tho is a friend of mine ordered a penis enhancer and he was sent a magnifying glass, this probs wont happen to you exactly but quite often you can get given a dud or nothing at all. Hope this helps 😊 happy hunting x

It's against the forum rules to discuss Lovehoneys competitors. I know Amazon is isn't a direct competitor, but since you're talking about buying sex toys from them, I'm guessing it's not allowed. :/

Best thing to do is stick to a proper sex toy merchant. I know Lovehoney are more expensive but you're protected against counterfeits with them, AND you're covered by the 365 day return policy too. It's worth it 👍🏼

General rule for internet shopping: if it looks too good to be true then it is.

Amazon are absolutely crap with regards to their sellers selling counterfeit goods. They literally don't care. Those sellers get good ratings because a lot of customers don't care either, or are unable to recognise a fake when they see one.

Both Lelo themselves and Lovehoney send money off offers regularly. I would suggest those as better money saving options than buying from a random Amazon seller. At the end of the day this is something you're going to be inserting into your body, I for one would be inclined to play it safe.

I wouldn't risk it, I only buy from here since I discovered this website & if I wanted a more luxury toy, I'd rather save up and buy it from Lovehoney as I trust the company and I know I'm getting what I'm paying for.

I'm sure you can buy through the UK site even if you're in the US? 

Boogaloo wrote:

It's against the forum rules to discuss Lovehoneys competitors. I know Amazon is isn't a direct competitor, but since you're talking about buying sex toys from them, I'm guessing it's not allowed. :/

Best thing to do is stick to a proper sex toy merchant. I know Lovehoney are more expensive but you're protected against counterfeits with them, AND you're covered by the 365 day return policy too. It's worth it 👍🏼

Doesn't say that at all.

"The Lovehoney forums are owned and run by Lovehoney, please do not advertise here or post links to competing sites. The only exception is to request a product that you would like to see stocked in the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1213590-pander-to-me/. Links to inappropriate content will be removed. Affiliates: please do not post your affiliate links on the forum."

I think you quoted Lovebirds instead of me!

I've had my posts edited to remove the names of other sex toy shops, even though I haven't posted any links. Jess told me it wasn't allowed, so just letting you know!

Then they should make the rules clearer.

This is shaping up to be a very disapointing forum.

I think it's pretty clear and straight forward. Don't mention or link to competing sites. What more do they need to say?

And ReggieC there's always the possibility it will come up in the Christmas Day sale!

AJ82 wrote:

Then they should make the rules clearer.

This is shaping up to be a very disapointing forum.

I think thats pretty straight forward.. I don't think they can make it anymore clear than this - "or post links to competing sites". What would you suggest otherwise? Also don't understand your comment about the forum but if you feel that way then fair enough.

OP - I would never dream of getting anything that was counterfeit, even $140 is a big spend and you have to chance with how long it's going to last or wether it's going to be safe to actually use. I wouldn't chance it, much rather to save my pennies and earn it x

i would personally wait until there is a very big sale on

Even if you did get a product from else where, once you add shipping, UK import tax(20% of the total) and import handling its probably not worth it.

But it's LH's return policy that trumps even the best, of offers, in the long run?

$140 is not worth it for a potentially fake item and the third party may have a poor returns policy outside those that are statutory rights if i had to buy off Amazon i'd only go for merchants i know and trust like Lovehoney who do sell via Amazon i've seen on a deals website posts for high end toys selling criminally cheap on Amazon actually sold direct that may well have been counterfeit

I have bought a luxury item from amazon, after contacting the manufacturer directly to confirm whether the amazon seller was them as claimed. Once they confirmed that the item was real i bought it and did receive the real product. At the risk of breaking any rules, thats all i will say about that and hope i havent overstepped the mark.

its becoming very tricky with buying sex toys online. Just this week a "reliable" glass retailer was outed as a fake. Its very difficult to distinguise so i would advise sticking to a site such as lovehoney where you know what you are buying.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

General rule for internet shopping: if it looks too good to be true then it is.

Amazon are absolutely crap with regards to their sellers selling counterfeit goods. They literally don't care. Those sellers get good ratings because a lot of customers don't care either, or are unable to recognise a fake when they see one.

I agree. And also, I've heard of some sellers agreeing to refund for fakes/poor quality products in exchange for a good review so it could be that.

If you really want the toy I'd suggest saving a little money each month, hold onto your oh points and look out for a good 20/25% discount code. You never know, it may even be in the xmas day sale and then you could get 40% off!

I've always gone by "of it's too good to be true it probably is" not worth the risk.

I wouldn't risk it. I've bought off of Lovehoney before (ex: Amazon, Ebay) but 9 times out of ten the product isn't what you asked for and it is very poor quality. Stick with Lovehoney!