Ammunition Vibrator

Ok folks,

I am really annoyed- here goes: I got an ammunition vibrator- the batteries got low- so I bought new ones- even though it still does slightly vibrate with the old ones. Except, when I try them on with the new ones, it just does not work, when I put the old ones in- it does? What am I doing wrong? Both batteries are different brands- old one is fujitsu and new one is energizer. Can anyone help me? I am really miffed- because I just bought new batteries for these and it looks like I won't need them

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Batteries do have sell by dates and unless you go for rather expensive ones they loose charge over time so if they were sat in the shop for a long time maybe they have run flat? Try them in something else that uses quite a bit of electricity (ie not a remote or something) and see if they work in that?

actually i have just added a bit of foil on top of the batteries and then screwed the top on- and it works fine- ijust can't switch it off unless i take off the foil...

101 uses for kitchen foil number 27 - makes your vibrator work better

If the batteries work with the foil on, then the problem is unlikely to lie with the batteries. :)

Sounds like a bullet construction problem to me.

I don't wish to patronise but make sure the battery is the right type & voltage as there are several types of similar size, compare the details on the side of the batteries.

Make sure you haven't got anything on the battery terminals like any clear packaging, sometimes the metal parts can oxidise & prevent a good contact, give the terminal faces a quick polish with a pan scrub/ V.fine wet & dry etc, to brighten the metal.

If theres a spring in the cap pushing the battery into the toy clean that too & try stretching it open slightly to give more pressure.

Sounds like it's the button on the vibrator to me. I bought one recently, and got a spare battery too, but haven't needed to swap yet. I'll check and see if it still works ok.