What happened here?

Heya, I’ll try to keep this simple.

I bought myself a bullet vibrator (from Lovehoney) for Christmas, it’s powered by one AAA battery. It wasn’t extravagent but it did the job nicely. Then I had a mini depressive episode(?) for a while so my sex drive plummetted a lot.

This afternoon it was peaking again, so I decided to whack it out. It didn’t do anything, so I decided to change the batteries. However, I noticed the spring had started going super rusty, and some papery thing came out with the battery, which was very strange. I put another battery in and it still did nothing? I investigated further and thought maybe the papery lining thingy being messed up was making it not work? Idk.

I’ve Googled around a bit, I’ve diagnosed the cause as either the paper lining was integral to the function, or my battery exploded/leaked somehow (not sure how that could have happened though since the storage conditions were cool and dry, it was literally just kept in the box it came in, which itself was buried in my underwear drawer, the whole time I wasn’t using it - which was only a couple months so unlikely to be from lack of use), or the toy itself was buggered somehow, or maybe a combination of factors.

I’m not too upset about it, as I said it did the job fine (barely anything special compared to just using my fingers tho) and I was thinking of getting a different one anyway when I get a bit more money, but has anyone ever had any similar issues? Did you ever find out what caused it? Or does anyone have any exprience with this sort of thing and have any idea what might have caused it for me?

If my batteries are just fragile then should I get a rechargeable one for my next one so this doesn’t happen again next time I’m in a depressive episode?

Depending on the brand of battery and the age of the battery, if the battery is intact it could be just some moisture that’s got into the battery terminal and started to rust. You could always remove the battery when been stored, it’s a safer option.
If you have only had it less than a year you could always ring customer services.
If you do get some spare cash get yourself https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/vibrators/magic-wand-vibrators/p/lovehoney-deluxe-rechargeable-mini-metallic-massage-wand-vibrator/a37806g73479.html it’s great little toy and you can use it all over for when your feeling peaky

Definitely sounds like a battery leakage issue. For the spring to have rusted that quickly it must have liquid present and battery acid does that fast. I’ve not had it with a sex toy but have with Christmas decorations, a phone and more dramatically a car battery powering electric fencing that exploded in a big way. Luckily I just found the remnants of that scattered everywhere rather than being near it when it went!

Ideally, from a safety point of view, don’t store cell batteries in anything when not in use… though obviously we all do in some stuff (TV remote for example).

As @Craig1234 says, it’s under a year old, so LH will absolutely replace it as it’s still under warranty if you want the same again. Personally, I would upgrade to a rechargeable on the grounds that generally speaking they are more powerful and the frequency is a lot more rumbly and penetrating rather than buzzy. My personal favourite is the Mantric Bullet.

Yes, sounds like the battery has leaked. It may be an idea to remove the batteries from devices not used often, including sex toys, especially as they’re subjected to moisture with use and cleaning.
I do this with Christmas decorations too, as they spend 11 months up in the loft in extremes of heat and cold.

1 Like