Anal Douching

Hey folks! So I'm here for some advice. My wife and I have douched in the past but my experiences never ended well. I got one of the fillable bulb ones.
I've used mine twice with about a month time apart. Each time I used it I became ill (sweating, wanting to throw up) and it lasted for around 3 days. The effect would take place several hours after doucing so it's either me doing something wrong or I just got a bug both times and it's put me off.
Is there a dangerous limit of water or temp or just anything I need to know of?

In the past I've used the shower head pressed against my bum, worked a treat.

As for(my) limit its about 2l but the bulb type only holds a small amount, temp no more than hand hot, try cleaning the douch with a mild bleach solution and rinse well, have a shower before use, if you really want try cooled boiled water, try a small amount at first say 1 or 2 bulbs worth then straight to the loo, if all well wait a few days and try a greater amount say 2-3, probably won't need much more anyway, you can add a bit of salt if you wish but only a small amount, teaspoon say.

Hello, you shouldn't be getting that ill from douching. Watch this demonstration of how to use one

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/how-to-use-an-anal-douche/

skip to about 6 minutes in for how to use it.

The position I use to douche is on my side laying down. I think finding the best comfortable position is best

I don't douche, I just make sure I'm as clean as possible. So I could be completely wrong but do you boil your water? It could be something in your water.

I never have that issue....Do you keep repeating for ages. I did first time but now twice will suffice.

seems pretty unlikely that douching is making you ill if your using tap water.

That video was pretty good actually. That's more or less what I've been doing with the exception of I use all of a 250ml bulb in 1 go then let the water do it's thing. We use this in the shower too so it's normal water based at the same temp as the shower we're in which is about warm ish.
The reason I ask "how much water is too much" is because I stumbled over the shower attachments which boast the best clean compared to a bulb. While that is more appealing, I'm a little concerned of too much water being up there and maybe that's what was causing my issue (although I'm 99% sure that after 30 minutes - 1h all of the 250ml was out).
Our shower can easily regulate how much water pressure is used from a trickle to a full blast so I'm not too worried about being filled up like a drinks bottle.

I guess it's trial and error again. I might have been unlucky as my wife was completely fine yet on both my attempts I end up making friends with the loo.
We'll see how it goes then. You're all great people as usual! Keep being wonderful

A1357 wrote:

That video was pretty good actually. That's more or less what I've been doing with the exception of I use all of a 250ml bulb in 1 go then let the water do it's thing. We use this in the shower too so it's normal water based at the same temp as the shower we're in which is about warm ish.
The reason I ask "how much water is too much" is because I stumbled over the shower attachments which boast the best clean compared to a bulb. While that is more appealing, I'm a little concerned of too much water being up there and maybe that's what was causing my issue (although I'm 99% sure that after 30 minutes - 1h all of the 250ml was out).
Our shower can easily regulate how much water pressure is used from a trickle to a full blast so I'm not too worried about being filled up like a drinks bottle.

I guess it's trial and error again. I might have been unlucky as my wife was completely fine yet on both my attempts I end up making friends with the loo.
We'll see how it goes then. You're all great people as usual! Keep being wonderful

Are you sharing a douche? That could possibly be why you are becoming sick. Her bacteria entering your body = making you unwell. I wouldn't even care how well you cleaned it. Poo is rammed with bacteria and I wouldn't recommend sharing a douche ever. Id recommend investing in your own one

It shouldn't make you ill even if the water was dirty. I would see the doctor if it happened again as you may have sprung a leak up there and that would explain it. The water (and poo) should be fine in the rectum or bowel.

@ AsYouWish! - that crossed my mind too. I think if it happens again then I'll see the docs about it. It's been well over 6 months since I've personally used it as I got turned off by the thought of it.

@SquirtyPanda - Yeah we do share. Probably not the best idea. It gets cleaned to within an inch of it's life so thought that would possibly be enough but that could be the problem then. I'll invest in my own and see if the problem keeps going
- also it seems I owe you a thanks too! My wife purchased some outfits because of your photos =D we were debating on a couple to begin with. We browsed around some more over several days then discovered members photos and you were wearing some of the outfits we wanted ♥ looked absolutly beautiful so I went ahead and bought them. Seems you've helped us twice now =) thank you very much!

A1357 wrote:
@SquirtyPanda - Yeah we do share. Probably not the best idea. It gets cleaned to within an inch of it's life so thought that would possibly be enough but that could be the problem then. I'll invest in my own and see if the problem keeps going

- also it seems I owe you a thanks too! My wife purchased some outfits because of your photos =D we were debating on a couple to begin with. We browsed around some more over several days then discovered members photos and you were wearing some of the outfits we wanted ♥ looked absolutly beautiful so I went ahead and bought them. Seems you've helped us twice now =) thank you very much!

Yeah I would put it down to sharing it most definitely. They aren't too expensive so its worth buying your own to save your health!

Ahh really?! Wow that is so lovely to hear! Thank you so much! That has geniunely made me really happy! I am so glad I could help ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

🐼

Sharing won't be an issue, you can use disgusting water for an enema without ill effects. Bear Grylls demonstrated this with stagnant water with bird droppings and all sorts in it. There is risk of infections if you deplete your natural bacterial colony allowing bad bacteria to multiply uncontrolled. It is not unheard of people getting c. diff infections from giving themselves enemas with things like soap and chlorinated tap water, but even these cases are usually a result of excessive treatment.

If you put too much water up there it becomes an enema rather than a douche and it can cause discomfort during the process of cleaning out your large intestine but it shouldn't make you vomit, I never have. I suppose if you had a lot in your stomach the added pressure could do something, I have experienced acid reflux during an enema because of that. But, I take in 2-4 litres during an enema. 250-500ml shouldn't do much anything.

I use a shower attachment myself and it works great for a full enema. If your just douching though, I wouldn't even lay down for it, your only filling your rectum with water, you don't really want the water to go past your colon or you can bring down a lot more mess than you want.

Should have added, if your using a prepared enema solution like the little bottles that are single use they are hypertonic solutions that draw water from your body through osmotic pressure and they can be uncomfortable as well, often causing upset stomach/cramp.

One of the reasons why I originally mentioned the idea to my SO is because I wanted to feel A. totally clean after the process was done and B. the feeling of fullness while doing it. The latter aspect is something a tad new to me and I guess considered an unexplored kink.
Not really sure whether that kind of sensation is possible or even safe but when the mind starts to think about the "what if's" and the "maybes" it sorta gets intself into unknown territory and I'm starting to think it's possibly a bad idea overall

Nothing wrong with a high volume enema as long as done safely. I wouldn't describe the feeling of being totally full as pleasurable though, more like tolerable. 4 litres is a lot of volume to take in, I guess technically an adult can take a bit more than that but even when experienced the volumes you can take vary between enemas depending how cooperative your body is. It is also pretty taxing on your body and unless you are mixing an isotonic enema solution can deplete your electrolytes significantly, this can in turn make you tired. It is important to plan for this an make sure you take in plenty of electrolytes before and after.

As for feeling totally clean and empty, that's why I like an enema. It's only an occasional thing but for anal play it is awesome being completely cleaned out, and it feels pretty nice being fully empty.

I think it is also important to have a really good diet afterward with lots of probiotics and prebiotics like sauerkraut, kim chi, kefir, kombucha, etc and lots of fibre and no sugar!

A1357 wrote:

One of the reasons why I originally mentioned the idea to my SO is because I wanted to feel A. totally clean after the process was done and B. the feeling of fullness while doing it. The latter aspect is something a tad new to me and I guess considered an unexplored kink.
Not really sure whether that kind of sensation is possible or even safe but when the mind starts to think about the "what if's" and the "maybes" it sorta gets intself into unknown territory and I'm starting to think it's possibly a bad idea overall

Why not try a inflatable butt plug to feel really full?

My fear of inflatables is overinflation to the point it might pop? I mean how safe are they? I was thinking of buying 2 and using 1 as a test to see what it's limit is before it broke and then making sure the other one never gets close to that.

I have never heard of one popping and the one I have certainly won't. I don't think it's a real risk to worry about.