Anal Lube

I'm think about getting some begginners anal toys, but do you really need to have specifically anal lube to go with them? I already have the Tracy Cox water based lube, however it's not the anal one. Does anyone have experience with this? If it is really reccommended then i was thinking of the little yellow bottle of LH's.

Hey :) no, you don't have to use anal lube. We just use the same lube for everything! I don't know what the difference is to be honest . Except some anal lubes have a slight nimbing agent in them (only if specified in the description) x

Numbing! Sorry x

Its better to use anal lube other then normal lube for anal sex, as Its more thicker and will protect you from tearing or pain and also make it feel nicer :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/a-quick-and-easy-guide-to-anal-lubricants/http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/a-quick-and-easy-guide-to-anal-lubricants/

I find KY Jelly works fine for me. I have maximus but it was a bit stingy. ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)

In what way does it make it feel nicer? I know the Lovehoney one includes aloe vera extract, but I'm not sure if I would ever notice that my anus is smoother :D

Sarahgee wrote:

Hey :) no, you don't have to use anal lube. We just use the same lube for everything! I don't know what the difference is to be honest . Except some anal lubes have a slight nimbing agent in them (only if specified in the description) x

were the same use waterbased but anal lube is thicker for more barrier to protect walls of anal

I didn't know that :) . Just never bothered buying seperate lube cause the waterbased lubes we use work fine. I had sort of assumed it was probably the same.

Curly Wurly wrote:

In what way does it make it feel nicer? I know the Lovehoney one includes aloe vera extract, but I'm not sure if I would ever notice that my anus is smoother :D

I think it depends on how much you care about the stuff used to make the lube. I am very susceptible to yeast infections so really looked into what is best to use (and anal lube can obviously make it's way round!).

I use this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15951

Sure it's more expensive, but it lasts ages and is all natural- so no worries about stinging delicate zones and resultant nasties!

You need to use a long lasting lube sillicone is great for anal howeve ryou cant use it with sillicone toys so if your using sillicone toys go for waterbased lube use a long lasting one or reapply during use to make it more comfortable

Curly Wurly wrote:

Like I say its much thicker so it coshings you more making you feel more comfortable. But I'm sure the guide explains things better then me :)

We use maximus. It is thicker but is great. We now use it for all sex as it stays a here you want it.

A lot of the time we don't even use lube! Find that lots of saliva from deep throating and the wet from my vagina running down is enough.

It's always best to use an anal lube as its thicker in texture than normal lube. I tend to use Sliquid Sassy as its free from any chemical nasties :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11373

If you are using small Anal toys you can get away with using standard lube i've been using regular waterbased lubes with my butt plugs with out any issue just because i haven't got round to getting any anal lube yet

Anal tissue is considerably thinner that the vagina, and I mean considerable.

Always use a good quality lube, The last thing you want is a tear, belive me.

BrumGuy wrote:

Anal tissue is considerably thinner that the vagina, and I mean considerable.

Always use a good quality lube, The last thing you want is a tear, belive me.

Ouch. My bum cheeks are well and truly clenched right now.

Anal lube all the way, just to be safe, makes me feel more relaxed and also it leaves your bottom super soft!

The LH own one is great. It's free from nasties and the aloe in it has more use than just making your bum soft haha :p it is soothing and to me tingly/stimulating!

If you're only wanting to have one bottle of lube, definitely better to buy an anal lube and use it for everything than the other way round.

A non anal lube will dry up a LOT faster. You can use it, but you need to reapply very very frequently as your body will readily absorb it, and even with reapplications you may not feel 'wet' enough. You're far more likely to injure yourself through not realising you are not well enough lubricated because it looks like you used lots of lube, but really it has all dried up. Plus if you are using a plug...well, you don't want to be pulling it out dry because all your lube has disappeared >_<

Plus like everyone else has mentioned they feel so cushy and make anal play (and vaginal penetration) really comfortable :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:!

If you're only wanting to have one bottle of lube, definitely better to buy an anal lube and use it for everything than the other way round.

^^^^^^^^^*************TOP TIP ALERT RIGHT HERE******************^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I use a syringe to get it where I need it but LH have these.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19842

Enjoy. x