New to anal play

Question here: Is it that important to use anal lube in anal play or is it that any lube can be ok but anal lube is what is best suited for it?

To be honest, it doesn't really matter all that much when you're more experienced. HOWEVER, if you use water based make sure it's something really REALLY thick and long lasting like this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15951. I use an anal jelly instead (and often as well as normal lube) which has made anal so much more pleasurable and I can't recommend it enough. This is the one I use: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8309. Good luck!x

Whatever says anal is good for me... It's usually thicker and longer lasting... I also use some body oil often and it smells sooooo good

elo01 wrote:

Whatever says anal is good for me... It's usually thicker and longer lasting... I also use some body oil often and it smells sooooo good

I like the body oil too but do NOT use it with a condom! Seems obvious, but easy to forget.x

Yes indeed Bex1213 good reminder x

tend to use whatever lube is on hand tbh. I agree that thicker ones do tend to work slightly better though

We use the Lovehoney flavoured lubes for everything, including anal. Never had a problem at all x

I own a silicone lube which I love as it stays for a long time and I also own a water based lube I don't like that much because it dries in seconds.

I recently purchased an anal toy and I was questioning about whether I should buy a new water based lube that's made for all kinds of sex or one especially made for anal.

We always have used the silicone lube for finger play and it is good for that.

mamz wrote:

I own a silicone lube which I love as it stays for a long time and I also own a water based lube I don't like that much because it dries in seconds.

I recently purchased an anal toy and I was questioning about whether I should buy a new water based lube that's made for all kinds of sex or one especially made for anal.

The silicone lube should be fine but, as I'm sure you know, that kind of lube isn't safe with a lot of toys. Toys not compatable with silicone lube can become more porous with them and when it comes to anal, you do not want to be messing with bacteria too much! Fair warning.x

bex1213 wrote:

mamz wrote:

The silicone lube should be fine but, as I'm sure you know, that kind of lube isn't safe with a lot of toys. Toys not compatable with silicone lube can become more porous with them and when it comes to anal, you do not want to be messing with bacteria too much! Fair warning.x

I know! (would be great tho) I was saying that because of the anal/non-anal thing. I know i'm gonna have to use water based so I was thinking I could by a good one instead so it could do and for anal and for playing with other toys

EWe have used a few different kind of lube some at crazy prices but I recently bought this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26088 I am not a fan at all of the whole 50 shades nonsense but this lube is fantatic....

Anal play, fantastic past time, always use good quality lube.

mamz wrote:

bex1213 wrote:

mamz wrote:

I know! (would be great tho) I was saying that because of the anal/non-anal thing. I know i'm gonna have to use water based so I was thinking I could by a good one instead so it could do and for anal and for playing with other toys

In that case, I can't recommend the Sliquid enough. It's a bit pricier than others but I live by it. Plus, I have sensitive skin and haven't had any infections or skin problems with it because of the 'healthy' formula. Have fun!x

Just make sure that the lube you use is compatible with the toys. If you aren't using toys but the real thing, then oil based/silicone based lasts a lot longer. I use petroleum jelly with my stainless steel toys as it's still there the day after ( must find a way of gettting vaseline out of my gussets without destroying my sexy knickers)