anal play

Hi everyone

My OH has expressed interest in taking our foreplay further. He said he wants to try anal fingering. I’ve not had anything inserted back there during sex before and I’ve only been stimulated there externally.

Being very interested in exploring something new I also suggested we use a small plug as an introduction as well. I spotted the Tracy Cox beginner set online and decided to go with that as I really don't want anything longer than 2-3 inches. I’ve scanned the forums on the subject but I still have a few questions

1. Hygiene wise, how thorough do I have to be beforehand if the maximum length of the toy is only 3 inches? Would just having bath beforehand be fine for that depth? I assumed douching was for longer objects.

2. Is the best time to do any anal play.. uh.. after a “movement”? How long after?

3. Does this particular plug (tracy cox) stay in well during intercourse? And does it feel nice?

4. Because its a small plug, using it regulary won't affect me will it? are you supposed to only use plugs every few days? (I read that somewhere)

5. Any tips I can pass on to my OH on the fingering?

Thanks very much

MissManners wrote:

Hi everyone

My OH has expressed interest in taking our foreplay further. He said he wants to try anal fingering. I’ve not had anything inserted back there during sex before and I’ve only been stimulated there externally.

Being very interested in exploring something new I also suggested we use a small plug as an introduction as well. I spotted the Tracy Cox beginner set online and decided to go with that as I really don't want anything longer than 2-3 inches. I’ve scanned the forums on the subject but I still have a few questions

1. Hygiene wise, how thorough do I have to be beforehand if the maximum length of the toy is only 3 inches? Would just having bath beforehand be fine for that depth? I assumed douching was for longer objects.

2. Is the best time to do any anal play.. uh.. after a “movement”? How long after?

3. Does this particular plug (tracy cox) stay in well during intercourse? And does it feel nice?

4. Because its a small plug, using it regulary won't affect me will it? are you supposed to only use plugs every few days? (I read that somewhere)

5. Any tips I can pass on to my OH on the fingering?

Thanks very much

Hi there,

1. Bathing is usually ok for external however for 3 inches it is better to have a douche as there can be um matter anywhere.
  2. The best time is to do anal play after a movement or when you know you are empty. I usually leave it an hour and then have a douche and a shower. Try and keep track of when you eat and when your movements are, if you find that you are likely to be having sex at this time then I suggest you try and eat a bit earlier if you are able.
  3. I do not own that plug however having owned some different plugs I know what to look out for. The shape of the plug is good, it is thin and shaped so that it will be easier to hold in. The thinness before the base means it will be easier to hold in as well. The wide base means that it will not disappear which could mean A&E. Feeling wise it is silicone so it means that it will feel slick and natural. At first it may seem a little tight but go very slowly and your body will relax. You can also put a tracey cox bullet in the bottom for vibrations which feels fantastic.
  4. Smaller to medium sized plugs are better for regular use as they do not stretch your muscles too much. For those that are wearing there plugs for 12 or more hours every day then it can be an issue with some people. For regular use of 2-3 hours every day will be fine, you do not need to use a plug only every few days. Always use lots of lube though and reapply every hour as to not cause friction and irritation. The plug you have chosen is good for beginners but if you are going to be wearing for a longer period of time other than just sexual play then I suggest getting one with a lined base such as: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12125#fulldesc http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13310
  5. Tips: always go slow, use lots and lots of lube (anal lube is thicker and better for anal as it cushions it more) and always communicate with each other. If you decide to move onto anal sex then very slowly stretch to accommodate and never go from one finger to sex.

I hope this has helped you.

I think your questions have been answered! Just an add on that the Tracey cox products are great. I have the advanced anal kit. The material is lovely and soft. The toys are firm enough for use but not really hard unlike other plugs!

Thanks very much! I thought if I picked the smallest plug possible I didn't have to douche , I guess I've gotten mixed information on the internet.

Hi, I can recommend Ann Adriani's website All Sex Guide, there's some really comprehensive and useful articles there. Personally I can usually get away without douching unless I'm going in for deep penetration or anything less then an hour or so after a movement. I guess everyone is different, with experience you just get used to what suits you best.

Have fun!

Oh just one last thing (forgot to ask this) Do you HAVE to put a condom on a plug even though you'll be the only one using it? The tracy one is silicone so I thought it would be easy to clean, some guides said to put a condom on them to keep them from building up bacteria. I use sexy toy wipes on all my toys so is a condom nessescery?

I meant "sex toy wipes" haha

It isn't essential to use a condom as long as it is cleaned after every use. It's good to give them a soapy soak in very hot water regularly as well as the wipes x