Friends List ?

This is a question not a critisism, why does this site have a friends list and what is the point ? The site is not a social media site, private messaging is not available, geographic location of people is not shown so I am at a bit of a loss as to why this facility exists.

I look forward to replies.

Apparently once there was a chat function :)

It may not be a social media site, but people still make friends here. Don't need to private mesage someone to enjoy chatting with them.

I think it's just a leftover from when chat did exist, but no reason to remove it really when you've got a relatively small community of friendly people.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It may not be a social media site, but people still make friends here. Don't need to private mesage someone to enjoy chatting with them.

I think it's just a leftover from when chat did exist, but no reason to remove it really when you've got a relatively small community of friendly people.

+1. People also use it to find comments, posts, reviews etc of people who's opinions they value ......it's easier to find these if you can go directly to their profile instead of trawling through loads of posts x

There used to be a chat function, which I really liked, but since it was abused by some of the people, it was removed by the LH.

Shame.![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

lmh95

It is a shame that it was abused. It would be great if they could maybe trial it again by using a special login code and to use it you had to be an existing forum member for over a set amount of time e.g 6 months or have posted say over 500 comments so by that time the scam posters, trolls and hook up chancers would have been weeded out and suspended. Forum members who have been around for a while usually know and respect the rules and would know that if they abused it then as well as being suspended themselves the privilege to use it could be taken away from everyone else again.

I totally agree with this idea - although I do fully appreciate it could be abused.

The moderators do a fine job on the forums, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to keep a 'chat' facility moderated too. Having said that, genuine forum users, like you said, would be mindful and respectful of the rules, and I am sure would soon jump on anyone seen to be abusing them.

Perhaps LH could reconsider x