Any tips?

Hey all!

I have been single for a long time, so I never really bothered with cute undies. Recently, however, I found myself a great girlfriend, and I've been wanting to dress up a little for her. I recently went for some sort of long top with suspenders attached, and well... The look on her face is one I want to see again!

My trouble is finding something, though, and not putting it back on the rack. I still am in that "I feel ridiculous!" mindset when looking at anything sexy. The model seems to cheat: her perky breasts never flop over that underbust bra, she can pull of that thong without her ass eating it and her tummy is flatter than my flabby gut despite dieting and exercise.

Basically... Anyone got any hints on how to feel more confident in a sexy outfit?

How about..... starting off in a role playing outfit? Like a nurse, or police woman etc. Then you get to cover up a bit more whilst you're still finding your feet in terms of sex appeal. Rather than going straight for something like the crotchless body stocking which believe me is not flattering on 99.9% of women :)

Baby dolls are nice, girly, see through but still give the comfort of being more "covered".

The best advice i can give is, deep breaths and act confident in whatever you wear. The confidence with which a woman wears an outfit is usually the sexist factor. Or alcohol helps lol

Good luck. By the way you look very pretty from your pic so i wouldn't worry so much, you're a hot chick- flaunt it :p

Hey TD, nice pic!

The only thing I can think of and it's what I did when I first started 'dressing up' was to send them a text, tell them you are waiting in the bedroom . All you have to do is lie there in your new undies, sexy pose, don't say a word, just use your finger in a come hither motion, putty in your hand!

My confidence went sky high after that! Remember confidence is sexy! x

sexy little minx wrote:

Hey TD, nice pic!

The only thing I can think of and it's what I did when I first started 'dressing up' was to send them a text, tell them you are waiting in the bedroom . All you have to do is lie there in your new undies, sexy pose, don't say a word, just use your finger in a come hither motion, putty in your hand!

My confidence went sky high after that! Remember confidence is sexy! x

Exactly!

And remember, no matter what you think you look like your partner will be thinking you look stunning and that it's their lucky day!

Thank you all. ^^ Those are some really great tips. I think I'll go and look for a few parts that'll make me feel self confident, and the rest will follow.

I too always have doubts about how 'sexy' I look in various outfits/lingerie etc, but have always had really positve reactions from those have dressed up for, I think a lot of the time they are overwhelmed by the effort taken and how gorgeous you look, the little things, like wobbly bits etc, that we stress over don't even figure on their radar. i tend to wear everything with a killer smile and even more killer heels and it does wonders...

I have this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20224 which was really well received, the length of it meant it skimmed my bum, but the sheer back meant he absolutely loved it, as you can see from my review the only problem I had was the length with the sussies. This is for the plus sized one but they do the same style in regular size too. I have a few 7toM products and they've all been great.

I also disagree with Princess bout bodystockings, prior to having worn one I would have agreed, but having now worn loads I love them, my bloke loves them sooooo much and god knows how but they make me feel sooo sexy, and believe me, I have a fair few lumps and bumps, haha!

The beauty of Lh is the great returns policy, so if you do order something and don't like it, you can return it and try something else, go for it, am sure your partner will absolutely love it

I think you just build your confidence by doing it more, and continuing to get that look on her face until your subconscious finally accepts that you're the one making her hot and bothered, and that she's turned on because her girl went to the effort to look fabulous for her.

Also, those too-skinny airbrushed models? Ick! I think the Seven to Midnight plus sizes model is way hotter than any of the Baci girls.

Some "too-skinny" models can look beautiful just as well as the plus size models. I agree with the media etc they can take it a bit too far with the slimmer side of the scale but beauty is everywhere.

Back on topic, I think any well fitted lingerie instantly makes you feel sexy. Yes, there may be a doubts.. but they'll all wash away with your partner's expression. =]

I'd recommend something like this- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16837 It's sold out at the moment. I have the plus size version and I can really vouch for its effect. It's slightly less revealing and really works to your advantage with emphasizing curves.

Also, this.. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18778 Again, sold out.. I have the plus size version. In black this is extremely sexy. All in one and cheap. =P

Let us know how you get on. You look stunning in your profile pic. I'm sure you'd be able to flaunt your stuff in some sexy lingerie.

x X x wrote:

Some "too-skinny" models can look beautiful just as well as the plus size models. I agree with the media etc they can take it a bit too far with the slimmer side of the scale but beauty is everywhere.

True. I was too harsh. But I just think women look so much better with curves, and despite being mostly straight, I totally crush on that particular plus size model. External Media

Start off with something you feel comfortable in, the more comfortable you feel the more confident and sexy you'll feel. Rather than a 1/4 cup bra, try something full but a really nice design or fabric.

I personally feel great in tiny boy shorts rather than thongs, as they cover a bit more up and the lace of these makes really flattering lines (and coming from me this is something, almost everything else makes me look like the love handle queen!) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21145 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20499

Or a suspender skirt?

Sexy boots or shoes are always a winner,and I love a crotchless bodystocking.

The killer clothing item though is a corset...just go for it

LuciousLips wrote:

Sexy boots or shoes are always a winner,and I love a crotchless bodystocking.

The killer clothing item though is a corset...just go for it

Oooh yeah, heels and a corset. Fab combination.

Corset, stockings & heels works every time it doesn't matter if it is over-bust or under-bust the results are spectacular

youv'e mentioned that your not keen on your tummy area so how about a babydoll style peice, which gathers around the boobs and drapes across the stomach.

something like this? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18642

there's a lot of similar styles here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lingerie/sexy-lingerie/baby-dolls-chemises/

remember though if you don't like the thongs provided with sets you can always use a pair of knickers you bought seperatley. Primark do some nice sexy knickers that are fairly cheap, as well as stockings (hold up and non hold ups) La senza, john lewis, even marks and spencer do some quite sexy sets, and there's a load of places online.

silverdrop wrote:

x X x wrote:

True. I was too harsh. But I just think women look so much better with curves, and despite being mostly straight, I totally crush on that particular plus size model. External Media

The problem is there are very skinny women who carry it very well and don't choose to be slender. It *is* very harsh to crush someone's already low self confidence because the media has taught everyone that it's ok to stab at skinny people because *obviously* they "choose" to be that way and "think they're better" than others!

It's something close to my heart - I used to have to *prove* to people I was eating well - noone should have to prove that because of other people's judgements. Noone should be called "skinny" or "bony". "Bag of bones" is a common one, "scrawny", "annorexic".

I must say I'm particularly ranty about this topic and it's not directed totally at you silverdrop as I'm sure you didn't intend to be so harsh but it's something that if I can just make a few people think twice before using harsh words towards slim people and realising that they have just as many insecurities too then that's a good thing :) I hated being slim - truly hated it because not only was I bullied but I also couldn't complain about it because people wrongly believed I was "lucky" (yeah, no boobs, no energy, no feminine curves, name calling etc. - really lucky - I can now appreciate a slender form but I couldn't see past my insecurities back then).

Adx