Anyone here has a navel piercing?

I’ve been wanting to get my navel pierced - when I get a job so I can pay for it with no worries, but thought I’d research a bit, and ask in the meantime - anyone here has a pierced navel?

I’ve heard they can be terribly prone to infections, and might get easily caught (and tugged) in clothes like lace (I’m thinking lace bodysuits, for example) or even jeans? If they don’t heal well, the scar isn’t quite forgiving -and they can look quite bad?

How long did yours take to fully heal? I’ve heard it could take up to a year?

In that healing time, did you have to avoid certain sexual positions such as missionary where your partner’s weight is partly on you?

Did you remove yours or use a replacement thingy when you were pregnant?

Anything else worth noting about navel piercings that people don’t usually talk about?

I don’t have a very toned midriff, I’m afraid. I’m not overweight but I’ve been home bound since the pandemic. I wasn’t thinking of piercing it to show it off in public, but more for myself.

1 Like

My mum has had hers done and she even pierced someone’s with nothing but a sterile needle and an ice cube!!
Think as long as you keep it clean and do what the place you get it done at advises then you should be alright :slightly_smiling_face:
Like with any piercing it’s gonna feel sore for a day or so… pregnancy you may find you want to take it out when the belly gets bigger and the skin around that area stretches… then again it may not have any effect at all

With the clothing thing I’d probably make sure to have a stud in that hasn’t got any pointy bits that can catch on lace or even perhaps take it out if your planning on wearing a lace body stocking

2 Likes

I have a navel piercing
Unfortunately i got it long before I was getting up to anything in the bedroom so unfortunately can’t really comment on how that works with the healing.

Mine took about 6-8 weeks to heal. Compared to my other piercings it was relatively well behaved and didn’t get infected or scar. I think that might be a very personal thing though as to whether or not it will scar depending on how your body reacts.

It does tend to catch in lace for me but generally once it’s healed that doesn’t hurt it’s just a little annoying.

While it’s healing you’ll want to be careful about what underwear and trousers you’re wearing as it can catch and rub on them. I’d suggest opting only for things with a low waist to avoid that.

In regards to positions I think you’d be ok just try to avoid any fluids getting on it :wink:

Personally I’d say go for it mine has really helped me with body confidence as I really didn’t like my belly but since getting it I’ve been showing it off and admiring it so much more. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Heya, Iv’e had my belly pierced for 3 years now.

Didn’t have any problems with infections or anything, but did take about a year to fully heal and finally have no discharge (tmi but you know). Anyway but whilst it took a year for that to fully stop, It only hurt for the first week or so if I would get dressed and accidentally knock it, but other than that it was actually my easiest piercing to heal (and I have about 15 others on my ears).

You want to make sure that for the first month you clean it twice a day, and then for month 2-3 you can clean it just once a day, and then after that every few days will do until it’s completely healed. You want to buy saline solution. I used this one from amazon; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sterile-Saline-Solution-Wash-Wound/dp/B0BTMQNCQN/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3AYXGQPMA1FGH&keywords=saline&qid=1681168754&sprefix=salin%2Caps%2C999&sr=8-9
You want to get a shot glass and and fill it with the saline and then lean forwards to put it against your stomach over your belly button to create a seal, and then holding it tightly against you so it doesn’t spill, lie down flat on a bed or something for about 5 mins. You can then just wipe it with a Q-tip and a saline solution spray like this after the first 3 months: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prontolind-Spray-75ml-antibacterial-modifications/dp/B004Q8S7WU/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1AZ56QH69Y67O&keywords=piercing+spray&qid=1681169220&sprefix=piercin%2Caps%2C907&sr=8-5

In terms of wearing a lace bodysuit, I would say wait about 2 weeks so that ur past that painful stage so that if it does get caught on the lace that it won’t hurt. And same goes for sexual positions where you’re on your stomach.

A lot of my friends have their belly pierced and none of them have ever said anything about them healing badly or rejecting, but it’s obviously down to how well you care for it and how your body reacts too.

I’ve never been pregnant so can’t answer on that part, but I have seen people with the long clear plastic belly rings called ‘retainers’ which you can wear during your last few months of pregnancy to keep the piercing open.

But if your thinking of getting your done then I would deffo say do it! I love mine!

1 Like

My ex had had hers done for quite a few years before I got with her and during the years we were together it actually wore itself out and she ended up with 2 little bits of flappy skin that used to be joined around the little bar she had in. Not sure why it happened but it was quite clear over the years it was getting thinner all the time!

1 Like

Ive had mine for long (over 10) years. I found it easy to keep clean and it is easy to wear lacy things.
I like the bit of bling.

Are guys doing this these days? I have seen a few images of hairless 6 pack abs type guys with a navel piercing but not a lot of others. I am not fat but I am old and only hairless in the summer months. The idea appeals to me but just not sure about the reaction factor in summer. I would like it but not sure how others would perceive it (I only care about that a tiny bit btw). When I had my nipple pierced some 25 years ago it was just becoming main stream and no longer a female or gay thing.

I used to have a nipple piercing. It was high maintenance and it got caught loads that made it poorly for a week or two. I was lean and muscly back then. The wife has no trouble with her naval piercing. She recently lost the whole thing without even knowing. It’s usually a fattier area and heals with a long term tube like hole.

Claire’s accessories do an ear piercing solution that fixed my nipple piercing and two daughters belly piercings when standard saline, detol, other meds didn’t work.

Keep it clean by rotating it and pushing pulling it but don’t let cloth fluff or dirt travel into it. Cleaning the belly bar prior to moving it is advisable on any body piercing in my opinion.