As a lady which would you prefer...?

My wife has recently reiterated an interest in being lightly restrained and blindfolded, something we've never managed to find time for given work and family demands on time.

I'm planning on giving her the opportunity to enjoy this but can't decide whether to involve her in the purchase of a beginners kit or to buy it and give it to her as a surprise late valentines gift.

Which approach would the ladies out there prefer?

1 Like

I'd prefer to be 'in on it' and choose something we'd both find arousing and suitable for us both, however I'd not refuse anything as a gift if I was gifted one by my husband.

I've always been open with my husband and told him that I'd always try anything once, so he knows if he does buy something, I'll give it a go first. He knows what my limits are and where I'd draw the line. I suppose it depends on how well you'd know how your wife would react.

If you're looking for a beginners kit though, I thoroughly recommend the Tracey Cox Super Sex beginners bondage kit. We also have the Fifty Shades Of Grey beginners bondage kit, which includes a spanking paddle, which is amazing! Good luck in whatever your choose x

1 Like

Tough decision... On one hand, involving her would also create a lot of anticipation, which can be very good. On the other hand, a surprise treat (as in not giving it to her, but using it on her if you already know it's something she'd like) would probably have her enjoy the unexpected more without having expectations a priori. Having to choose, I'd go with involving her because this opens up the way for loads more of adult shopping and honest talks about all your fantasies to explore.

1 Like

I think use a mix of both techniques... Drop hints about it but without giving anything away as this will lead her mind to wander! Increase the hints closer to the time so then she's excited for when she gets to you! If you have the chance to set everything up before she arrives home, do that and text her little hints, and then it will be a nice reveal when she's home. This way shes preparing for it, but still has that surprise!

1 Like

I would rather be involved in the choosing. Especially if it's something new, you can still say your buying it as a late valentines gift x

1 Like

I would rather be involved in the choosing :) I recommend looking at the Tease by Lovehoney range as a starting point. It's a great range for beginners and fairly inexpensive.

I love being surprised with anything ! However, I've been married to my OH for 25 years so he knows what I like and how far he can push me. Maybe you could have a look on here together and pick out a few things that you both like. You could then pick one thing out of the suggestions without her knowing what you've chosen That way there'll still be an element of surprise x

I like immy's idea!

If you really wanna chose one option, I would like it to be a suprise because there is no chances she is not gonna be into it since she is the one that brough up the idea. You making her that surprise would mean that you listen to her and to her needs and care to make things great.

I'd like to be in on the choosing and then have the excitement and anticipation of waiting for the order to arrive ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

So that you know where I'm coming from on this... my current plan is to order a starter set to give as a gift that we can try out and then to share the choosing on what comes next... That way we hopefully have the best of all worlds above.

Any issues that anyone can see? Or any tips for first time around!

Innocent Explorer wrote:

So that you know where I'm coming from on this... my current plan is to order a starter set to give as a gift that we can try out and then to share the choosing on what comes next... That way we hopefully have the best of all worlds above.

Any issues that anyone can see? Or any tips for first time around!

A lovely idea. A beginners kit too is wise, I can't forsee any problems as she's already expressed and interest. Be sure you wrap it up pretty!! :)