Baby Blues

Last may I found out i was pregnant but that same week I found out my husband had been cheating on me and i was made redundant so i decided to have an abortion because i did not want to be a single mum on the dole.

After the abortion my husband and I went to marriage councilling and came through stronger then before and I also landed an amazing job in september.

My sister in law whos 18 gave birth to her baby in january this year- her baby was born the same time mine would have been due which was very hard. Everytime we visit I feel horribly guilty for giving up on my baby even though at the time I did not know how things would work out and I know I would not have got my job had i been pregnant.

I was just on facebook and my sister in law had posted another picture of my niece - I burst into tears again :-(

I would really like to try for a baby but I need to be in my job for a year before I can do that so I am entitled to mat pay and I am doing my HR degree which I would like to gradudate from in January next year before trying. In the meantime I just can't shake this guilt/longing off - not sure if anyone has been through similar?

I've just added you hun, I'm going through something very similar so thought maybe you'd like to chat some time :)

xxx

hope you are doing well naughty t and new baby plans work out well. I cant ever understand why people cheat i have seen it hapen to people and it even hurts me then, i hope you get the royal treatment for the rest of your life

I have not been through anything similar so I shouldn't really have anything to say, but I just want to remind you that you did the right thing for you and the baby at that time. I believe everything happens for a reason and there was a reason your baby was not suppose to be born. Their soul will be with you forever; you can't beat yourself up about it for the rest of your life. Everything bad that happens to us is a lesson, it teaches us to appreciate the good things that happen to us. And when you are ready to try again and have a baby, you will appreciate them so much more and you will give them all this love you have waiting inside you that you have not been able to share. I wish you all the best hun, and sorry to hear about your husband.

xxx

Big hugs, ive been through miscarrying, cheating and survived. watching other people has babies when you would love one is never easy. Hang in there and remember when the time comes it will happen for you.

occhiverdi wrote:

Big hugs, ive been through miscarrying, cheating and survived. watching other people has babies when you would love one is never easy. Hang in there and remember when the time comes it will happen for you.

I can sympathise with you there Occhiverdi, I too have recently miscarried in feb this year. I am still struggling to come to terms with it all, it is so hard to move on from something like this.

Its hard I admit, but I was glad I wasn't trying or knew as well I can't imagine the pain. Big hugs to you all xxx

thank you. fingers crossed we will be fortunate again soon and the next one sticks.

xx

NT i am a man so dont understand many of the feelings you have, however I am a believer in what is done is done and cannot be changed. Go forward full square and knock the world dead, what passed has passed and what will be will be. Go for it what ever IT is.

Thanks for all the replies- made me feel much better as its not something I can talk about with friends/family.

MissBoo - hope to catch you on here soon to chat x

Sorry to hear but i agree with others, you have done the right thing. If you have no money then what is the point. If you had a rocky relationship, surely that would have have affected the child i some way. I wish you all the very best for the future and when you decide to try again it will be the right time and i think you will make wonderful parents. Good luck x