Badge achievements!

It’s pretty forgiving, and it’s not that big a deal if you drop it for a bit and then re-earn it when you come back. :man_shrugging:

You say pretty forgiving, but how long? See I have been known to take 6 week holiday’s so does that mean I have to then go through all the requirements to re achieve that title?

1 Like

I think if anyone is taking a break and not meeting the conditions, then it would be fair to expect to drop a trust level or 2 :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Cor note to self… stay regular!!

Just a regular everyday normal m**********r! Sorry I had too after I read your comment :joy: now all I have is that song going round and round in my head :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Why? If someone who is regular then takes a long holiday why should they then lose what they have achieved.

Just edited so that you know I am asking as a friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DanceswithPenguins because:

Regulars are the backbone of our community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

In terms of what it actually permits you to do it’s very little above member for the general user. You can’t lose your Member status (without major rule breaking) so you’ll always be able to post photos and stuff.

If you read the info on what the trust level is from the link @Ian_Chimp posted it’s based on the previous 100 day period so if you go on holiday for 2 weeks say and don’t check in it will have no effect at all on your Regular status unless you’re borderline anyway… if you are lucky enough to be able to go on holiday for 6 weeks enjoy your holiday and really don’t worry about losing your Regular status here! :rofl:

2 Likes

I would say if you miss 6 weeks you are not regular. If you don’t go to the loo for 6 weeks you would not be regular. (sorry about that). If you have internet access whilst away just sign in if its so important. What are the advantages, may be i’m missing something.

1 Like

:rofl: I’m guessing the first draft was a bit spicy

The reason why is because those are the rules :man_shrugging:t2:
Its laid out really clearly what you need to do to get each badge and what you need to do to keep each badge.

@Peitho I am fully aware of what the regular badge means I have had it long enough, not sure why you responded like you did over a simple question I asked.

That is very true, however if a person visits 365 day’s in a year then takes a 6 week break then returns, are they classed as non regular?

@JoCat I know I know I have it long enough now. It’s not the question I asked.

Why am sitting here feeling like I am being bullied over a simple fecking question I asked ffs.

1 Like

It’s calculated on a 100 day rolling window, not a full year - but quick maths says that if you visit every day and then take 6 weeks off (42 days) it would still leave you enough visits to get 50/100. :+1:

There are other elements involved though, like reading and rule breaking, but if you clear those in your 58 visits then you should be golden. :slight_smile: (and it’s more than possible to)

Though the only way to really test it out in the real world is to check back after an elongated break. :man_shrugging: But it is meant to be a badge people will lose at some point when they no longer participate as much. It’s no big deal though, lots of members don’t have it and enjoy the forum equally as much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DanceswithPenguins there was no intention to bully you or anyone else. The loo comment was just a bit of fun. I understand where you are coming from. It must be great to get away for 6 weeks in the summer.

I apologise if I caused you offence, from your question it appeared you did not. I thought I was just answering your question, I genuinely meant just enjoy your holiday. Maintaining a Regular status really isn’t important in the grand scheme of things :woman_shrugging:t2:.

1 Like

That’s quite a good point you’ve made :slightly_smiling_face: I’m guessing as the forum system is made up of computer coding and algorithms then the badge rules are generically programmed by a robot. So if anyone don’t check in within a certain amount of days regardless of how active they were leading up to the absence, it would auto downgrad you but if you was to contact someone like Brenna and explain the situation, ie. Was on a long holiday and couldn’t access it, I’m sure she would manually reinstate your badge again :slightly_smiling_face:
hope that is of some help :nerd_face:

Thanks for the update on badges

2 Likes

Bummers! I’ve just noticed my regulars badge has vanished and I’m back to just a member again :thinking: has this happened to anyone else ?

Aficionado is awarded for visiting 100 consecutive days and can’t be lost. You can choose to display whichever badge you want from your profile @Fantasy69 .

I’m afraid @AJSTAR Regular is one of the ones that can be lost if you don’t meet the criterior over the previous 100 days. Happened to quite a few people, even @Ian_Chimp when he took a hiatus. I’m sure you’re very close and it’ll pop back soon though!

2 Likes

Haha that’s cause I was trying to look on my profile settings to see if could find anything and saw you could choose a list of nickname type things so picked that hoping it would change my membership status back to regular but no such luck

Aye that’s ok as long as I know it wasn’t a glitch or anything :relieved:

You’ve just dipped below the “posts read” requirement, if you read a few more threads you should be back to “regular” :slight_smile:

2 Likes