Ben walls balls correct use?

I have recently used these Oscillating Purple Textured Duo Ben Wa Balls 69g ?

Not sure if I am using them correct or after having a child my muscles just gave up?

I can put them in quite easily but they don’t seem to stay in for long? I keep having to re-push them in? Is this normal or is it just going to take awhile for my muscles to work to keep them in?

Also not sure if I can feel the weights moving when in? I can when I shake them in my hand 😂

Hey Foxbrook.

It's absolutely normal for a lot of women when trying kegel balls for the first time. Sounds like you need to make a conscious effort to clench around the balls to keep them in because your muscles aren't strong enough yet to hold them in without you *really* thinking about it. It's this clenching that exercises your kegel muscles thus making them stronger, and it easier to keep the balls in place.

Keep practising and you'll notice a real improvement.

Thank you Rebecca for your quick reply. I am glad I got them, so will build up my use in my very little spare time

One of the benefits of them is it doesn't necessarily take "spare time", you can pop them in whenever (cooking, cleaning, walking the dog, going to the shops etc)

Senator wrote:

One of the benefits of them is it doesn't necessarily take "spare time", you can pop them in whenever (cooking, cleaning, walking the dog, going to the shops etc)

I agree - I use kegal balls much of the time, I got a set of Kegal exerciser weights which are cone shaped - I find them easier to position correctly and are more comfortable than the usual ball shaped weights. They have biofeedback (kinetic movement) inside the cone to remind me to flex my pelvic floor, giving it a good workout - I've definately found they tightening me and have helped regain control of my bladder

I wear a set most days and I hardly ever know they are there anymore. Needless to say my muscles are "toned".

Thanks for all the great advice, I have a toddler who doesn’t let me go to the loo on my own, that’s the only reason I have to be selective when I can use them, I can only imagine she would like to copy me putting them in 🤔 but yes I will be making excuses to use them more

I think kegel balls are excellent. I try to wear them as often as I can, but I do have a few problems as well. The first thing is that I'm quite obsessed with drinking buckets of water, which means I do have to wee very often, so everytime I go to the loo, I've to wah my hands beforehand, remove them, wee and pop them in again. That's quite easy, but if I'm working it gets a bit complicated as most of the time I'm very busy and can't be "wasting" much time.

So basically I wear them a couple of hours a day when at home and sometimes to go down to the shops. Again I've got to consider if I'm carrying heavy bags as the effort in juggling shopping bags and keeping the balls in, it's a challenge. As I've got just a set which weights 220 grams, perhaps I should get a lighter one just to avoid this kind of situation.

I agree, it can be bit tricky to keep them in at first. I am ok with the normal ones, but when I use my small, heavy ones, I have to make some effort to keep them in.

For a beginner or someone who gave birth, it may be better to start with bigger and lighter and go to the smaller ones. Yours do not sound too heavy to start with, although I do not know how big they are, but I expect they will not be that small. At first you may just be able to keep them for shorter period and then slowly prolong it as you get better at it. And possibly move to heavier and smaller ones.