Best and worst lubes

Just interested to hear what everybody's favourite and least favourite lubes are. There are a couple of brands we reckon are pretty awesome like Sliquid and GiveLube. Many others are fine, and I can see why others would like them as a matter of personal preference.

But there are a couple of brands which seem to be really popular which we both think feel absolutely disgusting, really sticky or runny and short lasting. I think maybe the worst one I have tried is Astroglide, but it is highly recommended by many. I also really dislike most versions of ID lube I have tried, it really is unpleasant feeling and doesn't last at all. I would really like someone to tell me why I am wrong, or if I have a point.

Alex.

I agree with your dislikes, I am not a fan of those 2 either. Those tropical ID lubes are sickly tasting and don't last long.

I like LUV silk intimate waterbased libe, lasts a while, practically tasteless and leaves no mess. Super slik lube for the same reasons. I also like Gun oil's male and female versions, although the male version doesn't taste as good as the female one.

we are using a passion fruit flavour at the moment I think it tastes great and my OH says its disgusting.

My problem with lubes is the ones with no flavour usually have no colour so unless you have all the lights on you cant see how much you have put on.

I know this doesn't answer your question but you and the kind people posting here my be able to help me out. I was thinking of trying the Intimate Organics Soothe Antibacterial Anal Lubricant - has anyone used this and if so what did you think of it? It's only got the one review which does seem very positive but I like to investigate all my LH purchases fully before committing to anything.

I dont like the Durex lubes. They are sticky and dry out too quick. The cherry one really burns to bottom!! A feeling I can only describe as substituting lube for deep heat. Good old fashioned KY is good and I'm gonna invest in some maximus and doc johnson stuff.. especially the golden girl tub! Heard good things about that. Anyone tried it?

Miss Boo - you just reminded me (I think I blocked this experience out tbh) I used the Durex tingle lube once, it felt like a campfire had been lit down there - ouch is not the word!

MissBoo wrote:

I dont like the Durex lubes. They are sticky and dry out too quick. The cherry one really burns to bottom!! A feeling I can only describe as substituting lube for deep heat. Good old fashioned KY is good and I'm gonna invest in some maximus and doc johnson stuff.. especially the golden girl tub! Heard good things about that. Anyone tried it?

I've tried the Doc Johnson Golden Girl Anal Jelly, it's good. It works, slightly numbs the area but you can still feel what's going on. I found it to be a nice consistency and you get quite a good amount. Worth a try with the 10% offer at the moment.

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I've taken to using Maximus for everything, it's so long lasting! :D

Forgot to mention Maximus, absolute favourite for use with anal toys as it is so long lasting and cushioning. Don't like it for anal sex as I find it makes my cock a bit sticky. And we don't use it for vaginal play as it has glycerine in it that causes Lucy some problems.

Alex.

MissBoo wrote:

Forgot to mention these too. Absolutely horrendous, the flavoured ones taste nasty, the sensation ones burn, and they are all horribly sticky. Can see why people go for that though, as people trust them from the strength of the condom brand. And don't get me started on the play vibes...

Alex.

I don't mind a bit of old Durex. Fruitopia is ok, but I find it sticky, and the Mrs didn't like the taste. Saying that, I have not tried too many others.

I actually do like superdrug's own brand of cherry lube, although you need to keep reapplying as it dries out quick

worst lubes are anything heat or warming!!

I love durex cherry for oral (on a guy) but when used on myself I feel that it stings a bit and I don't like it.
I do think the "feel" durex is pretty good though! its silky and non sticky and does the job :)

The heat/tingle/warming type lubes (all brands) are horrible! they burn and sting and feel strange.

Glad to see a lot of Durex haters here, really don't understand why they are so popular! Must be from their ease of purchase (i.e supermarkets). Really like ID so far, nice and subtle without creating too much loss of friction :)

Looking forward to trying out the Sliquid range!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

The worst by far was the Durex Tingle lube, before they changed the ingrediants in it in response to a high number of complaints. It should have been called Durex Burn! With a big warning on the bottle saying "Using this product may lead to vulgar language, jumping in the shower for half an hour to wash the product off and spending the rest oif the day feeling sorry for yourself"

:') this made me LOL and i couldn't agree more!

Ork wrote:

Maximus anal lube all the way bar that odd reaction people have mentioned that I have experienced so I switched to liquid silk not as great but so much softer but no where near as long lasting,

I concur doctor, maximus and liquid silk are great

Lelo lube is so far the best one for me. I cannot use lube with glycerine and paraben in it, so its either Lelo or Sliquid for me, tried both. the Lelo seems to be bit more lasting.

My favourites have to be Durex Aloe vera, Astroglide gel and sliquid, they are all really mild, I find that alot of lubes give me a burning sensation, I have tried give lube which is much improved since they changed the formula it was quite thin, but is now nice and thick.

If I could only use one I would go for the durex aloe everytime

I have some Liquisd silk to review, not tried it yet, so can't tell you what its like

My personal favourite is actually not a lube sold on LH. It was liquid silk, until I started reacting to it. Not nice to have to explain to your boyfriend that you WERE in the mood for anal and now you aren't because it's burning! >:

Took me rather a long while to finally equate the two though. Bluh.

I cannot stand Maximus and Liquid silk anymore. I used them when I was just starting to use lubes and I found liquid silk to burn horribly. I don't know if it was just me but it also seemed to have a strange, almost grainy texture and sugary taste. It always struck me as feeling like a very cheap, chemical filled cake icing. Maximus I found sticky and unpleasant and I couldn't knock the feeling of it somehow being bad for me.

I'm a sliquid fan all the way now. Never had any bother with their products and I trust them to do the job well.