Best lube for anal insertions

whats the best lube for anal insertions such as toys, fingers etc?

I really like the Lovehoney anal lube, has a good consistency and lasts a long time :)

It's a good price too!

Sliquid Sassy Glycerin-Free Anal Lubricant always gets a recommendation, and it is water based so its suitable for silicone toys. Lovehoney sells it in 125ml and 225ml.

Endurance silk lubricant, unfortunatey LH do not stock it.

I mostly use Maximus, as a water based lube, but I'm trying out ID BackSlide silicone lube. Takes a bit more effort to clean your toys, and can't be used with silicone toys, but it doesn't quickly wash off in the shower either.

I must be on my third bottle of Maximus 250ml now. I've tried Liquid Silk as well, but that seemed to get tacky for me, and it didn't stay moist for long.

We always use Liquid Silk
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7163

or Boy butter which is a Water Based Cream Lube designed to go the distance ;-)

Mix them both and you get a long lasting slippy lube that is kind to skin and toys.

We've always used Maximus. It doesn't dry out too quickly and is water based so won't damage your toys.

If you're using fingers or quite smallish toys a thicker non anal specific waterbased lube will do i've found durex aloe lasts well with my largest anal toy the "medium" starlight gems plug. if you want to go larger or keep a toy in for prolonged periods anal lube is thicker longer lasting

I switched from Maximus to KY Jelly - the former is good but there's an initial burn sometimes once something goes in that I haven't experienced using other lubes.

Don't experiment by warming a toy pre-lubed with KY - I had to wash off a sticky film of lube before I could use it. Bit of a mood-killer!

The water based lubes that we have tried have stung a little, not sure if they were the particular brand though. We haven't bought water based in a while. We have found that Wicked Ultra works great and haven't had any issues with it degrading and of our good silicone toys. We use it for everything.

I came here to say Sliquid Sassy, Lovehoney sells it and it's brilliant. It seems pricey when you're used to KY or others, but it's such good value for money - it took me 3 months to work through the small 125ml bottle.

we have been using maximus and find it a great all rounder

I see you're a medical student, the one that the NHS give out in GUM etc (CXS i think it's called) is pretty damn good. Plus it's certainly free for under 25's and I think free for all ages ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)
It comes in little sachets which are ample for even the roughest of anal play, in my experience that is!
Feel a bit cheeky not recommending a LoveHoney product but oh well.

missmhithrha wrote:

Sliquid Sassy Glycerin-Free Anal Lubricant always gets a recommendation, and it is water based so its suitable for silicone toys. Lovehoney sells it in 125ml and 225ml.

delilahxx wrote:

I really like the Lovehoney anal lube, has a good consistency and lasts a long time :)

It's a good price too!

+1 - I use both of these lubes and they are really great :) x