Best Sweets Of The 70`s

Can't remember if i mentioned it earlier but i have sampled Black Jacks and Fruit Salad liqueur drinks! πŸ€ͺ

1 Like

Confused07 wrote:

Black Jacks and Fruit Salads. Mojo's Sweet cigarettes Lucky dips. Sherbet Fountains Sorry if I have duplicated any :-)

Sherbert Fountains! I used to love those ! What about Pear Drops.....they'd almost take the skin off the roof of your mouth with the rough sugar coating lol and they smelled a bit like nail varnish remover.

2 Likes

Many a time my mouth would have cuts and bleed from sucking a pear drop...back in the day Wildflower...🀣...Was it spelt Kay-Lie? Rainbow crystals not sherbert powder...weighed out in a paper bag you used to eat it dipping your finger in and sucking it...always stained your finger...looked like you smoked woodbines...🀣🀣 like Wildflower said earlier I'm surprised any of us have any teeth left...🀣

1 Like

Oh my husband is always banging on about Kay-Lie. I had never heard of it before or since (until tha last post)

1 Like

Wasn't sure if it was just a regional name for it Kinky Mira...

1 Like

It may well be regional Jilly. He got his Kay-Lie from newsagents in Birmingham.

1 Like

Yes not sure how to spell it but Kaylie was great, and yes the roof of my mouth was always torn to pieces by pear drops, and yes they were like Acetone, nail varnish remover! May be regional as i`m from The Black Country.

What about Jubbly`s? Are they regional too? Pyramid shaped carton with a fruit flavour drink in that you froze.

Sherbert fountains, the idea was you sucked the sherbert through the liquorice straw, but as soon as it got wet the sherbert clumped and you`d nearly give yourself a brain aneurysm trying to suck it, so ended up eating the liquorice and just tipping the sherbert down your throat!

2 Likes

Just Googled it, it`s "Kali" ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

1 Like

Thanks Will. I never knew how to spell it. Jubblies are still around. I have a box of Cola ones in my freezer right now.

1 Like

I actually dont remember Kali at all but I do remember Rainbow Dust Straws. They came in different flavours and you ripped the end off the straw and poured the contents straight into your mouth ...they were fizzy. You could also tip the contents into water and get a weird kind of fruity drink!

1 Like

I remember those Wildflower, you had a coughing fit if it went down the wrong way!

One thing i remember, is going round the back of the local pub, nicking some empty pop or beer bottles and taking them to the Off Licence on the estate to claim the deposits to spend on sweets, or "Suck" as we say here, as in "I`m going to buy a bag of suck"

1 Like

Not heard that before WillC it's a "bag of ket" to me...🀣

1 Like

Jilly, i never heard that one, so it must be regional! I was reminded of "suck" because someone had their post banned on a local history Facebook page last week for using the word "Suck" in relation to a bag of sweets and some millennial prat complained! ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

1 Like

Yeah WillC it's us up "North" as we're called (as anything north of London seems to be)...to me up north is Scotland...

1 Like

Same to me! Mind you a bag of ket makes me think you were all smacked up on Ketamine as kids! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

1 Like

Just remembered ice lolly sticks with jokes on them, you had to eat the lolly to read the punchline! Also, did anyone else scrape the lolly sticks on the kerb to make toy daggers?

1 Like

Yes absolutely and wedged them into our bike wheels So that the spokes made the sound of a motorbike as you rode. Brumm. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Yes Floating Fun Guy, we did that too! πŸ˜‚

Spangles , gold nuggets in a bag lol nuggart bar, toffee crisp, chewing nuts ,golf balls, black jacks, rhubarb and custard. Puff candy, pink panther bar thats my contribution do and of you wonderful people remember then?

Oh yeah...all of 'em...the pink chocolate was very sweet.