Best Sweets Of The 70`s

Read today that Double Deckers initially had raisins in them, i am shocked that i have no memory of that! 😮 P.S. bought some shrimps and bananas on Saturday!

1 Like

Will, I didn’t realise either, I still buy double deckers every week, I liked the shrimps and bananas too.

1 Like

Yes Knight, so do i...bloody tiny now though!

1 Like

That’s true Will, pathetic sizes nowadays.

1 Like

I remember when a curly wurly was a foot long! 😉

1 Like

Me too. I haven’t had a curly wurley for years, used to love them.

1 Like

I'm avoiding chewy sweets at the moment in case i lose a filling, no dentists open!

1 Like

I had shrimps and bananas last week! And I remember when curly wurlys were long and had much thicker chocolate on them too.

1 Like

anised twist

1 Like

I remember aniseed balls too!

2 Likes

Reese's Pieces.

1 Like

Jelly tots and tooty frooties...🤪

2 Likes

Loved Tooty Frooties, great flavours! (Sure there was a mint version too?)

As for Jelly Tots, about 20 years ago my mom bought my nephew a family bag of Sour Jelly Tots, he didn`t like them, so she gave them to me, and i ate the whole bag in one go. Later i went for a pee, and my pee was day-glo green like anti-freeze! I bet any kids who ate them must have been climbing the walls hyped up on E-numbers! ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

2 Likes

Did anything else go green?? 🤣

Nooo, just the pee was enough, it was as if it was radioactive! 😂

2 Likes

I liked the little chocolate mice, the white and dark chocolate.

1 Like

Ooh yes Knight, pink ones too! Also Rainbow Drops!

1 Like

Sugar mice! They were literally solid sugar in the shape of mice.... it's a wonder any of us of a certain age have still got any teeth left!

1 Like

So true Wildflower! Especially considering the dentist equipment when we were kids! I showed a 20-something workmate a picture of a 60's/70's dental surgery, he said it was like something out of American Horror Story Asylum!

1 Like

Black Jacks and Fruit Salads. Mojo's Sweet cigarettes Lucky dips. Sherbet Fountains Sorry if I have duplicated any :-)

2 Likes