Bleeding after Orgasm?!

Hellooo

So as the title says, I'm a little confused as I started bleeding after having an orgasm, what worries me is that I haven't had a period since January and have the implant. Has anyone else experiecned this? I'm wondering if it is my period becomin regular again (I hope not though) or is it this a one off?

Were you particularly vigorous, and could hjave possibly caught yourself and tore a little, or hit your cervix? If you didn't feel pain at any point it is unlikely to be either of those though. I have the implant, and have spotted twice in the year since it was inserted (a year axactly this sunday) with little or no actual bleeding on to a liner, but being present when wiping after the toilet. If possible you may want to see your doctor, just to put your mind at rest, especially if it was fresh red blood.

When you say you have the implant are you referring to the hormonal deal that gets put in your arm or an IUD / coil?

I had this! Bleeding after sex, I never knew if it was a late/early period or because maybe my boyfriend had hit my cervix or scratched me inside by accident. I chalked it up to hormones as I'd just had the hormonal injection contraceptive redone (it gets done every 3 months). If in doubt, see your GP. I'd say it was just hormones though, contraception sure can make your body go haywire too!

When you say you have the implant are you referring to the hormonal deal that gets put in your arm or an IUD / coil?

Yeah, I have the Nexplanon implant in my left arm

Ugh - I have the same implant and have the same problem. 

I had one implant a few years ago and it was amazing. My periods basically stopped for nearly the whole 3 years, and when I did have one it was light and managable.

With having such a great experience, at the end of the 3 years I had it taken out and replaced straight away with a new one. The new one has been a NIGHTMARE.

I generally bleed now for 2-3 weeks of a month, which is highly irritating. And I seem to have noticed a link between internal stimulation and bleeding too - I'm not sure if it actually is connected, or if it's simply that I have such regular periods now that it doesn't matter what I do. I also get a light ache in my left arm when the implant is from time to time (like now) which is concerning. 

Suffice to say, the implant is GOING! 

I don't want this to scare you, but I have had the exact same experience since moving from Implanon to Nexplanon. 

i have this same problem. i have the implant and I've had it around two years, for th efirst year-no periods, then light manageable periods, now Im not sre if Im getting sporadic periods or bleeding after sex, but they're quite heavy and i have cramps.

i think considering how many people have the same problem its nothing to worry about but go to the gp if you're worried, i keep wanting to but dont have the balls, the first and last time i went was awful!

I have this. Have orgasm, recieve bleeding ):

Go see a GP
It could be the hormones making your cervix extra "craggy" so it bleeds easily without pain, it could be endo caused by it, it could be a perpetual period that just 'releases' with stimulation.

You might get the pill if they think it's period-y but I havent had any luck with that either.

If you find an answer let us know!

sistahunny wrote:

I suffered with really heavy blood loss, didn't realise how bad it was till the vampires at the blood bank refused ordered me to my GP instead, now have an iud and feeling 10 times better

That's good to know. I've been considering the hormone-free IUD as an alternative.

I really want to give my body a break from hormones - they can't be good for you, and I've been on some form of hormone for more than 10 years now. It's not wonder my body is starting to get cranky with me! 

I didn't have Nexplanon, but I experienced this problem with both Implanon and the IUD. I reckon it's hormonal, and in terms of having an orgasm... Well I find that seems to 'push' any blood out that's been sitting around in the vagina, so it appears you've just started spotting.

I've been hormone free (and contraception free) for over a year now and I feel much much better. No random spotting or pain and bleeding after sex. I've been using Fertility Awareness and I'd never use any other method now (I did get pregnant, but that's because I didn't bother charting one month!).

Best of luck x

I have nexplaon implant I now also have to take the pill to controll my blood loss n stop me having constant periods which I had for 5 months ...ive had slight blood loss after sex n play occassionally but It luckly isnt regularly I think the implant is the cause as ive previously had number of tests at the start of the constant period all came back clear. My gp said the nurse that fitted mine should of explained this could of happed. I frankly can't wait for mine to b removed in nov.

I had post coital bleeding regularly when I had the IUD and for a few months after having my implant put in and occasionally now after very rough/intense sex. Irregular bleeding is totally normal with that type of contraception so I wouldn't be too concerned.

If it is worrying you still, no harm in checking in with your GP/Gyno :)

Thanks everyone, I think it's my period. For the first year I had the implant I bled everyday then from Jan nothing whatsoever, my arm tingles every now & then where he implant is but I had to come off the pill hence why I'm on the implant.

If the bleeding doesn't settle down or stop by next week I'll go see the doctor. Thanks again for everyones help xx

When I had the implant everything was all over the place for the first year, I would not recommend Nexplanon or my clinic to anyone!

I have the Mirena IUD and am on my 2nd one, that is how much I love it. But everyone reacts differently to it. For me I love the very low hormones and never thinking about birth control, but also the serious reduction in periods / very light spotting. The downside is that the spotting is fairly irregular at times and I have found I can have spotting sometimes after a vigorous sex session... my guess is the mirena can get bumped and release a bit. My doctor said this was fairly normal with an IUD so I take a little bad with a lot of good.

Lots of good feedback on here regarding the actual implant, I have never had that so i cant add much but make sure to talk to doctor or call to the nurse... worst case they tell you its fine.

I seem to be in the minority that finds nexplanon a godsend, i'm glad i dont have all these issues with it.

Yea I have the same problem. It almost like it is kick starting my period. I bleed for a out 3 weeks every so many months. I have been considering getting my implant removed so I can more control over it. Xx

I had the implant in my arm for about two years and never experienced any bleeding after sex/masturbation. I would use the NHS symptom checker, and also look at the page for the implant to see if this is a side effect that can occur. If it persists, i would definitly see your GP, especially if you're in pain! Hope everythings okay xx