Wondered if any ladies could help with this.....

Is it possible for orgasms to cause spotting?

Been having lots of them this last week, the latest one at lunchtime today and 4 hours later I've started spotting, which is really frustrating as I had plans for me and hubby for tonight :(
My orgasm was not from penetrative sex, it was all clitorial thanks to a bullet and hubby's finger talents.

I have the mirena coil, don't have periods, just the odd brown spotting every once in a while (sorry for the info if any fellas are reading this lol). It's not bright red, it's watery pink?
Just wondering if any of you have had spotting from orgasms?

My coil is only in a few months and after sex I find I spot a little. The uterus contacts during orgasm so it can cause any left over blood to be expelled from the neck of the womb and into the vagina.
However if you have had any new sexual partners, or are not up to date with smears or have any other abnormalities it would be worth checking with your gp.

Thanks for your reply. I've been with my husband for 19 years and I've had the coil in for over a year. I have got some cramping too but saying that, I do cramp after orgasm anyway so it could just be that. I'm due for a smear, but only just. The reason I don't think it's my using spotting is simply because of the colour, that's why I was suspecting that orgasm has caused it. We've been at it like mad this week, way more than usual

Since I got the coil in four months ago I now have cramping after sex and orgasm. It's not fun.
Keep an eye on the spotting, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but if concerned don't be afraid to talk to the Gp. That's what they are there more.
It's most likely just down to hormonal changes x x

Since I got the coil in four months ago I now have cramping after sex and orgasm. It's not fun.
Keep an eye on the spotting, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but if concerned don't be afraid to talk to the Gp. That's what they are there more.
It's most likely just down to hormonal changes x x

I certainly will. And thank you, you've put me at ease x

hi . just reading your post . i do the same thing spott after orgasm (not penerative) and also get cramps . i was told off my gp that i was having too much and that i needed to calm down :P , did what they said and i t doesnt happen any more . dont know if this will help .

I think I have been very lucky. I had the coil in for 4 years now and after the initial week of bleeding, i have had NOTHING. not so much as a sign of a period. I do however remember the doctor mentioning that spotting could happen and was normal, and when you orgasm, your uterus contracts which is most probably what causes your spotting. (Just like how orgasms can often get a period started, or help ease cramping) I would say it is not a worry and probably normal although I can see how it would get annoying if this happened every time! :S I am not a doctor though. if you are concerned, could you phone a health clinic or doctor to ask, maybe?

It's quite difficult to work out because my virtually non existent periods are just a day or two of very light spotting anyway, hardly anything there at all so I wasn't sure whether it was a period as such or just spotting from orgasm. I have had it happen before where a period started due to orgasm but I wasn't sure this time as we'd had sex everyday for a whole week. I have come to the conclusion that either way, whether a period or spotting, it started because my lady bits have had a battering lol!

But yeh, pretty bad cramps but without much bleeding, only a very small amount :-/