Bloody UTI, literally!šŸ˜•

So after years and years of sounding, sticking things in my urethra, even my OHā€™s little pinky and no health problems today after a weekend of fevers and wee that looks like cranberry juice I was diagnosed with an UTI!! Typically come from ā€œgod knows whereā€ as I havenā€™t done urethral play for weeks now.
Feel like crap and just fingers crossed the antibiotics do their job as it could be something bigger if they donā€™t.
The way I feel it has made me think twice!!:confused:

Not sure why. If you havenā€™t sounded, then it isnā€™t that. (Or have I missed something?)

On the other hand, UTIs are bloody awful. Went through a phase a few years ago of having a number. You have my thoughts and sympathy.

1 Like

@KinkyMira Because sounding is a way of catching UTIā€™s and so far Iā€™ve been fortunate, but the way I feel at the moment and the shock of seeing pee like cranberry juice has made me think if its all worth it.

Ah, I get you. Well, I used to get them from god knows where. I never did sounding, was always meticulously clean and still got them anyway. Iā€™m on a low dose antibiotic daily now and I havenā€™t had one for years, and thatā€™s despite all the stuff I do down there now. Fingers crossed for you xx

1 Like

Sometimes they DO come from nowhere, i had one in my early 40ā€™s that was unexplained, which triggered a load of tests including prostate test, camera down urethra into bladder, and iodine injected into my blood to highlight my bladder, all tests were negative and not had an STI since, but it was reassuring to get those tests to catch anything serious early. I will add that after the cystoscopy, i tried sounding as a sort of aversion therapy with no problems.

2 Likes

Good luck sorting that - :face_vomiting:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat

Sounds painful, hope you get it sorted soon. :hot_face:

1 Like

Eeek! Maybe it was just poor luck that you got some bad bacteria up there ?!

@AJSTAR Can only think that mate, dealing with it like a true man, laid up in bed with a fever and feeling sorry for myself!!:confused::confused::confused:

I spent the best part of 22 months with non stop water infections, honestly worse 22 months ever.
I feel your pain, plenty of fluids take it easy. Xx

1 Like

Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve stopped sounding.

I had two utiā€™s in quick succession then prostatitis (didnā€™t even know that was a thing) and ended up being CT scanned and having a camera up my urethra (operated by a nurse who I used to teach when she was 12).

Since then Iā€™ve had nothing up there. Not even a small penis plug.

2 Likes

I had a prostate infectionā€¦green tinged sperm! :nauseated_face:

I know these type of infections can be really awful and ouch when peeing! Also can make you delirious tooā€¦ hopefully now your on meds to help itā€™ll clear up in a few days and never come back again

How are you doing @Yes_man ?
Hope youā€™re feeling a bit better now.

Iā€™ve had a fair share of nasty UTIā€™s - most of which have been unexplained.
Itā€™s not pleasant at all :face_with_thermometer:

Sending a big hug your way :hugs:

Hey @Cupc8kes, Antibiotics kick in and felt lot better thanks and then your hugs made all the differenceā€‹:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: All my love babes. :heart:

1 Like

Make sure you get all tests to rule out anything serious. UTI in men much less common than in women , so finding out why is important. UTI in men can indicate a prostate issue, but not necessarily. Obviously we are not aware of your age. Remind doc that you should wait at least 3 weeks before a PSA test as a UTI can raise levels. Also wait at least 48hrs after sex before a PSA test as sex raises level . Also a strained bowel movement can do this also.
May well just be a rare and unlucky infection.
You may have been dehydrated a bit which can raise the potential for infection.

Ouch you have my sympathies. I have struggled with years of on and off UTI infections and my other half has just had his first and ended up having all sorts of different tests and scans for more serious issues.

Itā€™s not fun in any which way and it puts a real dampener on things in the bedroom. Sending healing vibes your way.

I had two bouts of a UTI about 18 months ago l feel your pain
The second time I lossed total bladder control in the Asdaā€‹:scream: I ended up having a biopsy and got the all clear.
Just been back for a follow up the consultant told me 80% of all male UTI have no explanation
He signed me off
Get well soon

1 Like