bra measuring

Best of luck with the bra hunt! Hope it's a success.

Thanks! I am pretty sure I will need it

I really believe that if i got a job at M&S as a bra fitter, my life would be complete:)

rigby and peller if you can they are the best - altho im biased as i was a buyer for them for a few years so many freebies! lol

All women I've been with has been 32 B, for some freak reason?!? Just go for 32 B :)

Janny wrote:

All women I've been with has been 32 B, for some freak reason?!? Just go for 32 B :)

Erh.... Thats because apparently most women dont wear the right bra size. I think that is the most sold size in my country as well, but few women really have it, most are completely wrong. Your women might have been 32B, but there is no way I would fit into that!

Ive measured myslef useing hella's guide and have come out with a 38b so i'm going to get my self sorted and go and find myself a bra that fits. thanx to pixie who surgested thefigleves website i found that really informative.

Laveila wrote:

I just tried to measure myself and the guess would be 36 DD but! it is only by less 1 cm (0.6cm) and I have 1 breast smaller than then the other. So I would say 36D may actually fit.

I'm like you ive got one breast smaller then the other and ive always been told to fit my bra to the bigger breast.

fizzy wrote:

Laveila wrote:

I just tried to measure myself and the guess would be 36 DD but! it is only by less 1 cm (0.6cm) and I have 1 breast smaller than then the other. So I would say 36D may actually fit.

I'm like you ive got one breast smaller then the other and ive always been told to fit my bra to the bigger breast.

Thats what I will do, jut getting it the right size will be harder. I am just surprised by the DD proposal (athough its borderline between D and DD), as I always so far seemed to be able to fit into C with a really nice fit, D was too big.

fizzy wrote:

hi i need to go and get my bra size remeasured and i was wondering if any one in the OA have any recomendations . i would prefare to go to a department store if that helps.

If you have the budget, rigby and peller are the way to go. They really are the experts, and their service is amazing. The fittings are free, and you can be fitted in any of their stores without booking, but the bras they sell are expensive. However, they will alter them so they fit you perfectly, so they end up basically custom made, and they are wonderful quality - my last lot from there lasted three years and still looked and felt gorgeous, even though I machine washed them, so I think it's a really really good investment.

SS xx

Evie_angel wrote:

rigby and peller if you can they are the best - altho im biased as i was a buyer for them for a few years so many freebies! lol

You were a buyer? jealous! I want that job!

SS xx

I looked at their site just to check if I will have a look when I am back in UK and erh. I cannot afford that. I have cheeper bras which survived 2-3 years of normal washing and even now are used for fieldword or garden work just fine, as who cares my bra does not look like new when it gets sandy, dirty, sweaty lol. I cannot justify this amount of money on a bra.

Laveila wrote:

I looked at their site just to check if I will have a look when I am back in UK and erh. I cannot afford that. I have cheeper bras which survived 2-3 years of normal washing and even now are used for fieldword or garden work just fine, as who cares my bra does not look like new when it gets sandy, dirty, sweaty lol. I cannot justify this amount of money on a bra.

That's fair enough, it is really pricey, but my boobs are such a problem that I was left with a choice between spending that money on bras and spending it on physiotherapy to address the damage to my back that wearing cheaper, less wel fitting bras was doing. I figured that in my case, it was worth the investment, and I didn't really feel I had any alternative. Of course, if you're someone who can buy perfectly good bras elsewhere which fit you and do the job, it would be really hard to justify that kind of price, but for me it felt like a necessity rather than an extravagance.

SS xx

SweetSubmission wrote:

Laveila wrote:

That's fair enough, it is really pricey, but my boobs are such a problem that I was left with a choice between spending that money on bras and spending it on physiotherapy to address the damage to my back that wearing cheaper, less wel fitting bras was doing. I figured that in my case, it was worth the investment, and I didn't really feel I had any alternative. Of course, if you're someone who can buy perfectly good bras elsewhere which fit you and do the job, it would be really hard to justify that kind of price, but for me it felt like a necessity rather than an extravagance.

SS xx

I can understand that, I saw your size in another threat and that is not something you can buy in most shops. In your case it is much harder to get nice fitting bra, but I am a regular size - after long trying yesterday I found out the 36C fitted me the best again, so I can buy it in about I dare to say 95% of shops, so cannot justify buying expensive bras.

I went to matalan on my dinner and got a cheap bra and it fits lovley I didnt realise how badly my other bras had fitted i'm looking forward to going and getting some lovley sets when i get a bit more money.

This post is no longer available.

Ananke wrote:

I was measured in debinhams, which didn't tell me anything I didn't know already, but I find that because I have a small back and large cup size that bra's often don't fit very well. I think someone mentioned earlier about the same size wire being used in different back sizes, I can tell you this makes bra's really uncomfortable, due to the fact that a wire that will rest to the front of a person with a 38 back measurement will sit under the arm pit of someone with a 32 back! Very uncomfortable, I can assure you!

Also, I find that because I have a large cup size but real boobs, the bra's aren't cut to support or hold a natural boob (generally they are cut to hold the round, firm false breast), and often gape at the top and squish out at the bottom of the cup. Not very flattering!

So it is often, as long as you are wearing the correct back size (you cannot fit more than 2 fingers down the front) just a case of trial and error with the cups, and see which one fits best.

(Sorry for my little bra rant, but I find it really frustrating that these huge companies still find it so difficult to make bra's in my size!)

I know what you mean. They don't care enough to do it, they seem to think you either have a small back and busts, large back and busts or fake boobs that don't move.

Hear hear ananke! The underwire-stabbing-you-in-the-armpit phenomenon is one I know all too well. It really hurts!

SS xx

I agree entirely! Just yesterday another bra was resigned to the back of the drawer for repeatedly stabbing me in the armpit!

Ok, I have measured myself at home and looked on 5 different calculators and measurements.

I have been told 4 different band sizes and 4 different cup sizes! No wonder women are wearing the wrong bra size if they are being told 8 different measurement combinations!