bra's

Debenhams always had a great range of tit straps, always got Mrs Duck her stuff from there & always been happy. Found M & S a bit stuffy as they only sell their own brands so fittings are a bit limited. Debenhams all the way for me, great choice, service & quality!

diamonds wrote:

hey everyone

how do u know if u need a new bra as in to go up another size? and do u go up a size in cup or back size?

for the last few months my bra's seem to be really uncomfy and i just cant wait to take them off.

if there a new bra's there ok for about a month and then they become unciomfy aswell, they all seem to really hurt me under my boobs.

im curentlya 40DD, and i havent been messured since i was about 14! i feel a bit to shy and embressed to go in and get messured in a shop.

so can anyone help?

thanks diamonds

Hi Diamonds

To be honest the best thing i ever did was go to a lingerie shop to get fitted last year, my bra size changed completely (for the better) and although they will sell you a range in the size that fits you best, it can be pricey in the shop but as your not under any obligation to buy, do what i did, purchased a load off ebay..best thing i ever did, now these mamas are getting the bras they deserve!!

MX

My mum fitted me for mine- I've never been properly measured!

I generally have to take a load into the changing room anyway even knowing my size (cup size one bigger and smaller, and back size one bigger and smaller I generally find) cos all the shops have different sizes, so I just accept that I'll be a D in one shop and a C in another. Then you add in style of bra and it just gets stupid. why the hell there is no uniformity in a uniform system I have no clue!

I'm going to buy a tape measure the next time I see one and try doing it myself with an online guide. I know it's not the best way, but i'm a bit scared to go to a shop!

Think there might actually be guides on youtube as well that i've seen in the past.

amore wrote:

I'm going to buy a tape measure the next time I see one and try doing it myself with an online guide. I know it's not the best way, but i'm a bit scared to go to a shop!

Think there might actually be guides on youtube as well that i've seen in the past.

Hey amore,

no need to be scared to go into a shop. The one i went into told me straight away from looking at me what size i was, i didnt need to undress. Honestly, no need to worry, these are professional woman who have seen many a fine pair!!

MX

thank you for the advice MX :)

I guess thats all part of their job and i do have quite nice boobs lol

I may pluck up the courage this weekend then....would anyone recommend a store to go to? My mum took me to M&S when i was younger and it was an old lady and I think thats where my phobia developed

x

um i think us larger ladies are poorly catered for... http://www.rigbyandpeller.com/ do a good bit on bra sizing.. they fit the queen do you know...

mama wrote:

um i think us larger ladies are poorly catered for... http://www.rigbyandpeller.com/ do a good bit on bra sizing.. they fit the queen do you know...

I couldn't agree more!

That's what I used and I can finally find bra's that don't feel like straight jackets...

Although I do like a nice straight jacket occasionally...

xxx

amore wrote:

thank you for the advice MX :)

I guess thats all part of their job and i do have quite nice boobs lol

I may pluck up the courage this weekend then....would anyone recommend a store to go to? My mum took me to M&S when i was younger and it was an old lady and I think thats where my phobia developed

x

hey amore

snap! thats eaxtaly wot happend when i was younger, mum took me to m&s was bout 11 or 12 (earlyer developer) and it was an old lady and had to take my top off ect and seen then its put me off!

ive still got to go for my fitting, maybe me and u should head to marks and sparks togther! lol

im def gonna go and get fitted asap

diamondsxxx

I'm so glad someone else had that awful experience and can share my pain diamonds!

me and you should take on M&S together! hehe :)

do think my bra's are all a little on the small side, shall be interesting to find out my actual size!

yup im wanting to know wot i am, ive been a DD since i was 16 so that cant be right lol and my bra's are just so tight and sore now hate them. ive not worn one all weekend as ive lived in my pjs lol

so which one of us do u think's gonna have the most shocking vist? lol so far the online guides say im eaother a F or FF lol

well i'm wearing a 36C but again thats the size i've worn size i was about 14-15 and i'm almost 20 now!

i'd do one of the online guides the now if i had a tape measure but i'm kinda lacking in one of those! lol

i got a tool kit for xmas and a tape messure was in it, so it came in handy lol

mama wrote:

um i think us larger ladies are poorly catered for...

one of the ones ive found thats good ( for a 42 DD) is ethel austin, the bras are fairly cheap, around a fiver but are soo comfy and well fitted. they aint sexy but no one really sees my undies anyway :)

la sensa dont go up to my size, and some of the online ones are really stupidly priced, especially for sexy undies ( theyre not staying on for long!)

I've always been a D or DD - or so I thought until I got measured and turned out to be an F. It's amazing though how much more comfy my bras are now. In saying that, I can still squeeze into a D or DD if I go up a back size as many styles don't cater for bigger cups.

I measured myself using two online guides and then by the assistant in Debenhams and we all got the same size. Different styles of bra may need a cup size up or down and non wired bras may need an adjustment in the back size - so even though you know what size you are supposed to be, unless you stick with the same manufacturer or type of bra, there may still be slight variation to get the one that fits you right.

I think i need to get measured, my bra's are slightly tight at the mo, but i have one boob quite a bit larger than the other, and i dont have nice boobs, no thanks to me having my little one-oh the joys of been a mother lol

xx

sexymel88 wrote:

I think i need to get measured, my bra's are slightly tight at the mo, but i have one boob quite a bit larger than the other, and i dont have nice boobs, no thanks to me having my little one-oh the joys of been a mother lol

xx

its not noticeable mel, and you have a really nice pair!

It's normal to have one bigger than the other (usually left one) I have a lump in one which makes it bigger. If anyones in Edinburgh or Glasgow I'd recommend boudiche

imeldaimelda wrote:

It's normal to have one bigger than the other (usually left one) I have a lump in one which makes it bigger. If anyones in Edinburgh or Glasgow I'd recommend boudiche

yeah no one is perfectly asymetrical, and boobs come in all shapes and sizes, you just have to make the most of the pair you were given.

so do boobs grow a lot with pregnancy?

sweetlove666 wrote:

imeldaimelda wrote:

yeah no one is perfectly asymetrical, and boobs come in all shapes and sizes, you just have to make the most of the pair you were given.

so do boobs grow a lot with pregnancy?

Is there something we should know lol