Broken toy frustration

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems like mine? So a little over a year ago I bought the purple powerful doxy wand. OMG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Fav toy ever!!! Until a few months ago, anyhow. I went to use it and it would not turn on. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Contacted customer support, of course it was a little over the year mark, so couldn’t get a replacement. Ok that’s fine. I was offered a discount for my next purchase. Great. I purchased the same wand. I used it 1 time!!! ONE Time!!! The head came unglued. WTF!!! I am so frustrated and disappointed in this product. I have submitted a return request and want a replacement. However, I’m a little worried this will happen again.

Anyone else experience a situation like this???

Thanks everyone for your input. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Not with our mains powered Doxy Die Cast, that has been going strong for years and years. You were really very unlucky that the first one broke just after it was out of warranty.

New toys, however, I have had issues with though thankfully it’s a rarity. My InsideOut (which is superb), the first two I had issues with. The first one initially wouldn’t turn on then when when I plugged it in to charge as I thought it might be flat it leapt to life (while on charge) and just wouldn’t turn off! It had to go and spend the night in the spare bedroom until it’s batteries died :rofl:. Second one was also a charging issue, though different and I can’t quite remember what the issue was. Third one, perfect - had it a year and a half now and no problems at all. I think new toys can have problems but they normally emerge straight away as has happened with your new wand. Thankfully, for me at least, this is very, very rare but they will always be replaced straight away with no issue bought from Lovehoney.

4 Likes

I’ve had a few toys break and am now wary of buying anything expensive. My first LH wand lasted quite a while but failed within a year and the replacement Rocks Off wand they sent me free made it a bit past the year mark then broke as well. I wonder if the electronics can’t take the powerful vibrations? I hadn’t used them that much and don’t use any toys in the bath now having had a couple of supposedly waterproof ones fail shortly after immersion.

1 Like

My wife had a very unlucky case a couple of years ago with the Desire Love Egg Vibrator. If you look at the photos of it you can see the “tail” of the egg is where it unscrews to open up the charging port.

Well, my wife and I were testing it out in the bedroom and when she came to pull it out, the silicone tail completely detached and left the rest of the egg up there!

It wasn’t user error. It wasn’t like it just wasn’t screwed on properly. The silicone tail came unglued from the plastic screw cap of the egg.

Needless to say, were were both in a panic, and spent what felt like an hour trying to get the egg out. It was very undignified and lots of tears thinking she’d have to go to A&E. But eventually she managed to squeeze her pelvic muscles enough to (this sounds wrong) birth it out. Her face was red with tiny burst capillaries from squeezing so hard.

It was obviously a rare defect with the toy and Lovehoney customer service were extremely sympathetic and caring. Can’t fault them. They offered a free choice of any other toy of equal value and threw in some other freebies.

We’ll never buy an egg that has that kind of design again though in case. Only solid body all in one design! Our current go to is the Lovense Lush!

Maybe it’s from a faulty batch in production :thinking:
Have you considered trying a different toy brand?

1 Like

I’ve broke a few
Sorry @Lovehoney_Brenna

I had one like that. I think water got in. Randomly started buzzing in the middle of the night. Really freaked me out
:rofl:

oh, I had that with my first toy (but as I didn’t use it internally I didn’t have that fearful experience), it was the calexotics rigged g spot egg. After inspection, it turned out the tail was metallic strings in a silicone sheath, a little like an electric cable, except removing it entirely didn’t cause any failure (except the egg was no longer waterproof)

:rofl: Haunted toys!

No I haven’t. What is comparable to the Doxy?

1 Like

We had a similar issue with a thrusting rabbit from competitor, broke after the 1st use, they replaced it but that one came in broken, at that point I just asked for anrefund

@Peitho … this made me laugh. I can imagine trying to silence a faulty toy at an inopportune moment, when it wouldn’t go off.:joy:

One of my toys failed by turning on in a drawer in the middle of the night and made a hell of a hammering noise. It wouldn’t turn off and had to be put under a load of pillows to muffle it till it went flat. :hear_no_evil:

Thats like a scene from a sitcom or a movie.:joy:

Hmmm I’ve never had experience with wand toys so might be good to ask others for comparing :grimacing: