Butt plug - did I do something wrong?

Yes man, this looks too big for me :) I am relatively new to anal play for now. :)

menyanthe wrote:

Yes man, this looks too big for me :) I am relatively new to anal play for now. :)

Sorry Chick, saw your post say Doc Johnson large plug and thought it was a larger size. X

Nope, it is more like a medium :)

menyanthe wrote:

Nope, it is more like a medium :)

Something to work up to then ;-) lol X

i think its just the silicone toys do tend to smell but its not due to cleanliness, if its really a problem try a glass or metal set

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I find all silicone toys have a smell
( don't know what they say it dosent)

But I think glass is amazing!

They don't. Like Fluffbags mentioned - Tantus toys have no smell to them at all. I own 3 Tantus dildos and I have to agree. Maybe the 'silicone' toys you have are a silicone blend.

menyanthe I have no experience with any anal toys but maybe have a look at one of these if you want a silicone butt plug http://search.lovehoney.co.uk/search?w=tantus+butt+plug&view=grid

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've been searching for a solution for a long time and no one has a good answer. All of you saying silicone has no smell - you are wrong. It has a smell out of the box, and it definitely retains a poo smell. We both use rubber, plastic, metal, and silicone butt toys.

We don't buy cheap toys. We buy expensive toys to go inside our bodies - for example, the Jopen Lust 10 - been in a butt. A butt that had an enema the same day. It was in the butt for less than 10 minutes (no condom). Came out relatively "clean" - rinsed off - washed with antibacterial soap... smelled like poo. The smell was faint, but it was there. I washed with better soap in hot water for several minutes... still butt.

Silicone and some plastic toys are the only ones with this problem. Another strange factor here is that we almost always use condoms with them. It doesn't matter what kind of condoms or how careful we are removing the condom for cleanup - somehow, the poo smell transferred through the condom on to the toy. It's not my imagination. I'm not crazy. I don't have abnormal butt chemistry or extra smelly poo. Neither does she.

It's not cheap silicone or a blend or a cheap toy. This happens with the Vanity vr12 (yeah, this goes up the ass sometimes) which retails for over 200 USD. It happens wtih the Tano Picobong. It happens with a Nexus toy. It happens with California Exotics Couture Eclipse and Flexi Risque - anything with that soft touch silicone material.

We didn't have this problem with the Tantus Silicone Zing (which is more like a smooth harder clear rubber). .. anyway, we've stuck probably almost 1000 dollars up our butts, and we've been doing it for years. I'm tired of hearing people tell me there's no smell, when there is. There's not supposed to be, but it's there.

I don't think I have hyperosmia, but I might. If that's true, then maybe most people wouldn't smell it. We don't all have the same sense of smell sensitivity.

I know this is a super long post... sorry. I just want some real advice on cleaning from someone else who has a good enough sense of smell to know what I'm talking about. I wish I could do dishwasher, but most of our toys probably won't survive. Time does make the scent dissapate (lots of time). And just now I dipped one in apple cider vinegar as a test. I also sprayed one with a natural organic countertop spray we have that's scented like berries. It helped a little.

If anyone has any other suggestions besides "silicone doesn't smell" that would be super

I agree with you. We have several silicone toys (not cheap ones) and there is a definite, albeit very slight, smell of where they've been used no matter what I clean them with. Also find that they retain, again very slightly, the smell of any flavoured lubes. At the moment they smell faintly of strawberries as we're using the LH strawberry water based lube.

I know they are clean as I'm the one who cleans them and I'm extremely thorough but would love something that would would get rid of any odours, even better, something that would give them a clean smell. Oviously do not have this issue with glass, metal etc it is just the silicone and pvc items.

I do have an extra keen sense of smell, side effect of medication, but hubby can detect this feint odour too so it's not just me. It's not a strong smell but it's definitely there.