Butt Plug Fitting

My wife and I have just got our first butt plugs, small LH ones. We managed to insert them but they kept slipping out. I’m sorry if this is a daft question but what is the best amount of lube to put on them? Should we just lube the plugs rather than ourselves or vice verse? We are both new to this so sorry for the daft question.

From mine and my OH's experience the small butt plugs are more for getting used to the idea than anything else, we both moved straight on to medium plugs as like you a small never stayed in! We think the problem is a small plug is almost as wide as the neck so there's hardly anything for the anus to hold on to to stop it slipping out, obviously a wider plug and gives the anus a bigger flare inside to hold on to! Also go for a bigger base too as you don't want it going the other way!! We started with a butt plug kit, found a size we was comfortable with first and then slowly worked our way through the sizes until we used them all, we now have a collection of bigger plugs as it becomes a bit of an obsession to go bigger! We're both on large plugs but me being a typical man Ive gone quite a lot bigger, well massive than my OH!! Have fun!

The small ones are pretty slim, and are designed to go in easily without causing too much stretch and pain - the problem is that they can get pushed out easily. More lube makes that more likely, and as you are new to plugs, then I would always ensure there’s plenty - you wouldn’t want pain to put you off !! I had to hold the small ones in and fairly quickly moved to the medium sized ones. The plugs with the slightly longer necks and large tapper stay in easier, but can be a little uncomfortable to get in if you’ve not tried it before - you could try a training set (The INYA kit looks good) or a slightly bigger plug if you feel comfortable with the slim ones. My advice is put in the slim one first, the try then next size up, or alternatively get a prober to try - there’s a couple of different designs and they’re not too pricey either. Don’t rush things and enjoy trying, anal play really enhances PIV sex!!!

As has already been explained the small plugs tend to get pushed out fairly easily. We quickly moved on to the medium and (for me) the larger sizes.

The best shapes are those with a small point for easy insertion swelling to the size you feel comfortable with at the broadest part but with a very narrow neck so that the sphincter muscle can close around it. You also need a base which is wide enough to make sure the plug doesn't disappear inside but which doesn't chafe on your thighs and buttocks.