Buying lingerie abroad

Hi guys and girls

So being the lucky thing I am, I am heading to NYC between Christmas day and New Year. Promised my girlfriend I would get her something from Victoria Secret, just wondering if ayone has any tips on how american sizes fit and any differences ?

Ta very much !

They usually have a size guide in the label so size 12 is like a USA 10 for example look in a label x

spud1610 wrote:

Hi guys and girls

So being the lucky thing I am, I am heading to NYC between Christmas day and New Year. Promised my girlfriend I would get her something from Victoria Secret, just wondering if ayone has any tips on how american sizes fit and any differences ?

Ta very much !

Ohhh I love Victoria's Secret! Get her to take a look online and point out some styles she likes so you're not shopping blind. Size wise they are two sizes below us as KinkyFuckery has said above so if she's a 10 you want to buy an '8'. I think that the bust size is however the same and the knickers were in Small, medium and large. I would say that they come in UK dress sizes 8-10 (small) 10-12 (medium) 12-14 (large) for the pick and mix knickers. I hope you have a great trip.

I thought american sizes were 2 sizes below? So if she's a 10, you'd have to buy a 6?

I'm jealous. I was in there 7 months ago (stores in Vegas and San Francisco) and my wife and I loved it.

Bra-wise was exactly the same for my wife, and the bottoms were sized as small, medium etc. She has a large and is an approximate size 14.