Lingerie Shopping

Hi folks,

Hoping I don't get into trouble with this post but after a bit of advice.

We know that at LH we can return goods if not suitable etc and that's great. I recently bought some knickers and stockings and they fit amazingly. I will be ordering more in the future.

However, I'm after some basic everyday ladies knickers that I can wear everyday obviously. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i may be able to get around making sure they fit when I go high street shopping shortly? I'm not sure if it'd be frowned upon me trying on etc or is there another way around this?

Any advice would be great and as I said hope this doesn't get me in bother.

Cheers

Marks do free sizing. But that would only be beneficial for the top half

This is a good question! One that I don't really have an answer to as it isn't something that I have ever had to contemplate but I do have an idea that may help.

Generally places don't let you try on lower half lingerie anyway regardless of sex but, they do let you try on jeans! This isn't fool proof but it may be easier to try on ladies jeans than lingerie. This may give you a rough idea of size as the sizing is the same, even holding jeans against your waist if you don't want to try on.

As I said this isn't fool proof as different places can vary in sizes; Size 12 in X-shop may be a size 10 or 14 in Y-shop, may also actually be a 12... Womens clothes shopping / sizing can be confusing. Another thing to consider is the material as some has more stretch so may have a better fit, the shape may be a factor too.

Hope that helped, happy shopping.

Mind_the_Gap wrote:

Hi folks,

Hoping I don't get into trouble with this post but after a bit of advice.

We know that at LH we can return goods if not suitable etc and that's great. I recently bought some knickers and stockings and they fit amazingly. I will be ordering more in the future.

However, I'm after some basic everyday ladies knickers that I can wear everyday obviously. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i may be able to get around making sure they fit when I go high street shopping shortly? I'm not sure if it'd be frowned upon me trying on etc or is there another way around this?

Any advice would be great and as I said hope this doesn't get me in bother.

Cheers

Except for bras, no high street chain is likely to allow you to try knickers on. Even us gals aren't allowed. Through trial and error, you'll learn the sizes which fit. 

You say you've just bought some knickers which fitted you perfectly. By referring to this size chart, you should be able to work out which UK dress size you are: 

<h2 style="max-width: 100%; margin: 0px 20px 0.3em 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 21.71px; font-weight: 400; color: rgb(201, 42, 73); line-height: 1.231em; font-family: " segoe="" ui",="" segoeui,="" helveticaneue-light,="" "helvetica="" neue="" light",="" neue",="" sans-serif;"="">
  1. Lovehoney size UK Dress size Bust Waist Hips
    Small 6 - 8 32" - 34" 24" - 27" 34" - 36"
    Medium 10 - 12 34" - 36" 27" - 30" 36" - 38"
    Large 14 - 16 36" - 38" 30" - 33" 38" - 40"
    1X / 2X 18 - 20 40" - 46" 34" - 38" 42" - 46"
    3X / 4X 22 - 24 48" - 52" 40" - 44" 48" - 52"
    S/M 8 - 10 34" - 36" 24" - 28" 34" - 37"
    M/L 12 - 14 36" - 38" 28" - 32" 37" - 40"
    L/XL 16 - 18 38" - 40" 32" - 36" 40" - 43"
    One Size 6 - 16 34" - 38" 27" - 33" 36" - 40"
    Plus Size 18 - 24 40" - 52" 34" - 44" 42" - 52"

Most high street shops sell by dress size, but some also do a S/M/L system.

Also, be aware before you go shopping that most retailers do not cover underwear as part of their returns policy. 

Alternatively you could measure your waist and legs and go in with measurements and ask for a recommendation? You can choose whether you let them know you're buying for you or not, but this way you could get some help while shopping :) 

Good luck! 

Thanks all for the response and especially Jess for the size chart. I'm glad people don't mind talking about blokes in female lingerie it's been a big worry of mine since it was frowned upon for years.

I think looking at Jess' chart I think I'll look for a 16/18 size and hope for the best. That seems possibly about the right size. I'm pretty sure I won't let on they are for me though 😂

Thank you

Initiate wrote:

Marks do free sizing. But that would only be beneficial for the top half

Seems in my haste I didn't realise you were male, so my suggestion of a marks fitting may not go down well. Sorry for the mistake and possibly useless info (depending on just how comfortable you are :) ) Could try a cheap pair from a shop, if the size works then go back and maybe spend a little more once you have the shop and size figured out

Sorry Initiate maybe I should have been more open. Thank you anyway