Can you ever have enough toys?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure

0 voters

I’ve been buying and collecting sex toys from Lovehoney for about a year now and in this time, I’ve accumulated over 20 toys. I feel like I don’t need anymore but sometimes when I look at the what’s new page on the LH site, I get grabby hands. My question is, do you think you could ever have enough toys or do you always feel the need to grow the collection?

8 Likes

I’m saying no, despite telling myself and the OH, is that one any different or better to any we have?

We always go “might be” and buy more. :rofl:

3 Likes

I think yes if you are buying the toys for the “buzz” (pun intended) from the retail therapy perspective but if you are buying different types of toys to experience if they suit you better then you can only have too many if you really can’t afford to spend the money on them. This assumes you are happy using the planet’s resources for that purpose and, hopefully, not sending large amounts of unused toys to landfill. IMHO :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

For me personally yes.

When I first started to buy toys, I brought the cheapest dildos, bullets, suction toys, vibrating dildos. Just to get the feel of them, and if they did do something for me, then I moved up in toy’s. So I’ve got around 15-20 toys now, my favourites are my womanizer pro40 and premium, and my FSOG vibrating rabbits and of course I cannot forget my king cock. If I do see something similar to what I’ve already got and do pretty much the same thing then I don’t bother buying it, I don’t see the point in paying out all that money if you’ve already got something really similar. Especially if it’s a pretty penny.

4 Likes

Yes but it doesn’t stop me buying

5 Likes

Ha ha define toys?
If include ‘accessories’ such as blindfolds, restraints, lubes, furniture, lingerie etc., then always bits to add. That said, no point in having 10 rabbits that all do very similar (granted, a good few with diff features such as size, motors, thrusting etc.,)
For us I think we initially went with cheaper products, and if enjoyed, would look to upgrade to something better. I think we now have 4 diff wands, a LH Deluxe wired, a reasonable sized cordless, and two smaller cordless for convenience/travel.
And of course, things break - so need backups!

I think as long as buying for a purpose, rather than the sake of buying, is important though - otherwise I’d have my own LH Outlet Store in the garage with surplus items!

3 Likes

We’re starting to reach saturation point now. We’re looking for Valentine specials and every new toy/piece of lingerie is basically just a variation of something we already own. This is partly due to Lovehoney’s generosity in providing testers but also due to our innate curiosity in the early days of toy buying.
We’re really struggling to find something genuinely different.

3 Likes

We are getting to the point where we are running out of things to buy within our affordability that we don’t already own or have something similar of - but we don’t think you can have too many toys - it’s so exciting when we place our lovehoney order and then wait for the delivery!..xx

2 Likes

I answered unsure. A few weeks ago I cleaned out our toy box with very old cheap introduction toys that we haven’t used for ages.

Hopefully the bin men didn’t lift up our top two bags in our bin as I just threw them in there loose!

I have a good few solo dates with myself a week. They can sometimes end up being very long sessions as I’m trying to use all my toys!

We probably have the right amount now but there’s a little niggle in my head that I know there might be newer or slightly different better options available now or coming soon hehe.

I’ve got one glass dildo and one vibrating dildo for example. Sometimes I use them both in a session. Sometimes I’ll just use one then think to myself would it have been better if I used the other one.

On some of the sex toy box photos I’ve seen people with two, three, four+ different glass dildos. I’m sure they’re all slightly different and great but there might be one toy that’s definitely better than the rest…

If money was no object and everyone had a sex room with slide out drawers you could have an IKEA screw fix range of toys, sizes, gadgets, lingerie and lube.

We’ve been lucky to receive and review a few tester items which have been long term keepers and some of our best toys.

On another note if you have a couple or few sex toys in a box or hidden and someone finds them they might think oh well, healthy sex drive trying new things. If they find millions of toys they might think something else hehe.

It’s all good fun. We only started using toys about 3 years ago and it certainly spices up and improves our sex life :slight_smile: :wink:

2 Likes

Nope can never have enough lol.

I live alone, no kids, don’t date. My bathroom has a big closet with shelves that I wasn’t using so I keep everything in there all displayed. I lock it incase someone comes over.

I like trying out new toys and experimenting so I don’t think I’ll ever have enough :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For me no, though I have slowed down the number of them that I buy since I’ve begun learning what I do and don’t like :sweat_smile: Now I have a few on my list that I want but am willing to wait for a sale for as my collection is satisfying enough that I don’t get greedy hands unless there’s a deal :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been buying toys since around 2018 and must have over 100 by now which also includes tester items. Even my partner says I have too many. Our house isn’t big so they can take up a fair bit of storage. I’ve been trying to round the “useless” ones up so I can recycle them, but it’s still so small by comparison.

As others have said, if something is doing the same job, why not just keep the best one and ditch the others? But then I think if that one breaks, then at least I have a back up. Sunken cost fallacy can play a part if they were expensive, too.

I think so long as I can replace old stuff with new, then it’s not that bad.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I wouldnt necessarily have more than 1 or 2 buzzy toys that do the same thing but when it comes to restraints and impact toys, our collection just grows and grows. I love a flogger if you can’t tell by my profile pic and have quite a few as well as spankers etc!

1 Like

Um… Nope. Still don’t have enough​:joy: We have a lot now too but I’m still growing the collection.

I’ve become better at parting with ones I know I’ll never use, and making room for the exciting shiny new toys. But there just seems to be lots to learn and nearly infinite variations of different ways to get it on with toys, together and solo. So we just keep adding new toys. And finding better and bigger storage.

We’ve found toys add spice to our sex-life and we’re both well up for trying out new flavours!

2 Likes

Ways of life are damn expensive there’s always something more and more decadent that you want out there

1 Like

We have too much really. We do go through phases of wanting to try something different again, but it feels more and more wasteful. I think the experiences have been great, and there’s not much we wished we’d never bothered with at all (even the stuff we didn’t get on with, as that’s part of figuring out what you like), but it’s the disposal of the chaff that’s the tricky bit. Burning through so many small electrical items does play on the eco-conscience.

A subscription service would be good. One where you return the collection at the end/as you go, and they reuse as many parts as possible in new toys. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This is a very yes but no but yes but no kind of question :joy:
On the one hand, variation is fun, having a good selection for when you want a specific action or feeling.
On the other hand, we’ve only got 3 holes, there’s only so many things you can have going on at once and dear God where do we store it all?!
But having all that choice…
But ending up picking a favourite and barely touching the rest…
But I’ll keep it JUST INCASE
But it’s in the way…
It just goes on and on :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I did vote yes, because I’ve found that it is quality over quantity. I do tend to keep at least one of each different type of toy, as I never know what I will feel like using in the future. A new feature will warrant a keep, beyond that, I really don’t like keeping more than the hold-all which is already heaving.

2 Likes

Yes you can have enough. Too much even…

Yet you can still get a serious case of GAS… (Gear Acquisition Syndrom)

Its shiny, it’s new, it’ll be somewhat different and you’ll want that minute variation so bad…

At the moment, we have everything we could wish for. But you never know when GAS will strike again.

2 Likes

Its a No for me. Even though we have a lot of different toys I’m always wanting to try toys that are similar to the ones we have, just in case they work and pleasure me more than the ones i have :grin: I would love to be able to try every toy that LH sells :joy:

1 Like