Catching a cold from oral

OK, this is going to sound really odd but when I "deep throat" my (generously proportioned) OH I end up coming down with a cold a few days later. Neither of us has a cold at the time but 2-3 days after I get one and then he usually catches it from me. I'm pretty sure oral sex is not a normal way to pass on a cold. Does anyone else ever get this or is it just me?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cold-common/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Yeah, oddly enough the NHS doesn't mention catching a cold from oral sex and I know for a fact that no one has coughed or sneezed on his cock before I go down on him ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)

It probably introduces general bacteria found on the skin or in the mouth, that would usually be destroyed to the lovely moist damp soft tissues found in the throat. With deep throating it pushes these bacteria down to the tonsils at the back of the throat and pharynx. You could try using a condom and seeing if that helps, if it's bacteria from the skin generally, but I wouldn't think it was. Try taking vitamin C and zinc supplements if this is a very common occurence, or maybe in the few days leading up to it, if you have planned 'date nights' etc. Vitamin c fights infection and thezinc helps prevent infections.

It's more likely because you've kissed and/or made out, and you've touched his unwashed hands, and vise versa.

Have you both had sti and std screening tests? If not I would get one. Then come back if they come back clean?

Ink and Kink wrote:

Have you both had sti and std screening tests? If not I would get one. Then come back if they come back clean?

This was my first thought too. Could be some otherwise benign sti

Its just because I know some stds can be given through oral and I think you should both be tested
There is no harm in getting tested

redkite20 wrote:

It probably introduces general bacteria found on the skin or in the mouth, that would usually be destroyed to the lovely moist damp soft tissues found in the throat. With deep throating it pushes these bacteria down to the tonsils at the back of the throat and pharynx. You could try using a condom and seeing if that helps, if it's bacteria from the skin generally, but I wouldn't think it was. Try taking vitamin C and zinc supplements if this is a very common occurence, or maybe in the few days leading up to it, if you have planned 'date nights' etc. Vitamin c fights infection and thezinc helps prevent infections.

Thanks. I will stock up on vit c and zinc ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

redkite20 wrote:

This was my first thought, also the friction will disturb the skin and allow bacteria an easier passage. A condom would probably help, or possibly just him washing beforehand. The supliments will boost your immune system but you may still have symptoms for a shorter period, I'd definitely take them everyday rather than just before oral as it suggests you have a weak immune system or are deficient in zinc in particular.

Just for the record, we are sti free (minus one thing we manage very well) and he is always clean before, we both are.

No wonder ive not had a cold for some considerable time !!