Circumcised as an adult

My OH has been having an issue and discomfort with pulling back his foreskin for awhile now.

After seeing his GP on a number of times with creams and treatments to help with no success.

It has now been suggested that his only option iis to be ccircumcised, has anyone had to have this done for medical reasons?

We are in the UK

What is the procedure ? (Is he awake)

What is the recovery time?

What is sex like after - For both of us?

And lastly can he still masturbate?

Thank you

Hornwife1… I have run across discussions on this message board where some have mentioned adult
circumcision. Hopefully one of them that have actually experienced this will reply to your questions. I was circumcized as and infant but would say that once he fully healed, you may like giving oral a little bit more and there will be no difference in the feeling of regular sex.

Sorry can’t help, I have never been circumcised, but the results seem to be positive from comments in this forum.

There are a number of threads on the topic in this forum, if you use the search facility, which may help.

I am on the NHS waiting list for this… so will keep an eye on this thread

I was circumcised from birth and so I can’t really help with some of that, except to commiserate on your hubby having to endure it as an adult and dealing with the memories of the procedure. The recovery time and etc. will be determined by your surgeon, I’d expect.

However, sex should still be as fulfilling, if not more so and with potentially less UTIs compared to non-circumstanced (depending on hygiene).

And yes, he will definitely still be able to masturbate. :slight_smile:

I was circumcised in my early 20s , it was due to not being able to pull the forskin back , it was a full anaesthetic and asleep , think it took 45 minutes , did have a catheter fitted , for a day , stitches healed and I remember having gentle sex 2 weeks later , but the only difference was that the head felt a lot more sensitive than before ( not used to being uncovers ) .

My brother was circumcised when he was 18 as he had the same problem and doctors tried steroid creams but could not get his penis out of the foreskin

So on the nhs he was circumcised- it was done at the local bupa hospital in Cardiff (paid by nhs)
He was concerned before but the operation took about an hour and he had to wear a bandage around his cock for about a week - but never regretted it

1 Like

Hi there @Hornywife1.
Being a type 1 diabetic I had some of the same issues your OH had and also tried the cremes etc before the decision was taken to have a Circumcision.

I am UK based and this was 7 years ago now so things might have changed a little but I can’t see it being much so will just answer your questions as it was for me.

What is the procedure? I went in to hospital first thing, reporting for 7:30am, was seen by the consultant, taken to theatre around 10am, put to sleep, woke up in recovery, bandage on, as soon as I was able to urinate they sent me home which was about 2 hours after I woke up.

What is the recovery time? Mine took a little longer because I kept getting erections which pulled at the stitches, but no infection, I was able to lightly masturbate after about 10 days when I got the all clear from the doc.

What is sex like after - For both of us? My wife says my cock is more pleasing on the eye, one thing to note is the head of his penis will swell and stay larger after the op, the foreskin keeps moisture in the helmet and keeps it contracted, when the skin is removed the pours close and the natural swelling and shape forms, My wife says feels just as good as it did before, for me sex is just as good, feeling is still strong, they say it can desensitise slightly but I haven’t noticed a rapid decrease, sex is still very enjoyable as is oral. Cum shots are more direct would be the only main change hahaha

And lastly can he still masturbate? Yes he can, I have developed a technique if I’m trying for a quick one where most of the stroking is done on the shaft, again still feels good, but if I want to play with the helmet and have a good session I need to use Lube.

Hope that is helpful

1 Like

Hi i had this problem with to much skin i had anestic with and numbing this healing time was about 2weeks but iam so glad had it done it’s clean and very sensitive that you come quickly but your learn how to control i love feeling my helmet goes in it’s a lovely feeling and yes you will be able to eject don’t worry it will be fine promise

I wouldn’t worry at all. I had to have the same a few years ago because of the same problem. You are put under for it. Sex can be better but shorter for him in my opinion because it can be more sensitive. But for you I don’t think you’ll really notice from what I’ve been told :rofl:. Recovery time is a few weeks depending on how keen you are and yes you can definitely still mastubate when healed if anything, sloppy handjobs become amazing :ok_hand:

i was done as a child for medical reasons I believe. I don’t think he would regret it.

1 Like

Hi, Well to answer one of your questions ,
I was circumcised when i was younger for medical reasons due to tightness and have never had any problems with masterbating. So your partner does not have to worry .
You will find that your intercoarse will last much longer as a circumcised penis will not get so sensitive without the friction of a foreskin.
A circumcised penis is much healthier in cleanliness and you will find you will still be able to have oral sex even after intercoarse without difficulty

1 Like

Thank you for all the comments and advice
OH is still under the doctors advice, he’s on the last attempt to make it a bit better before deciding to go for a circumcision

3 Likes

I hope it all goes well which ever way it goes .
If he does get circumcised he will be a little tender for a while but the results in the long term will be worth it for both of you .You will just have to bear with him until it heels fully

My foreskin would not pull back at all, had to be circumcised in 2021. General anesthetic for procedure which lasted 30 to 45 mins. I was not able to masturbate for 2 to 3 weeks and no sex for at least 4. Since my procedure I have noticed that the sensation is unbelievable and my orgasms are a lot stronger and pleasureable as I am now able to pleasure the head… only downside is I have lost about 3cm

2 Likes

I was circumcised at age 38 as my foreskin was very tight which made intercourse uncomfortable.

The procedure was done under local anaesthetic. Masturbation and sex were off the menu for a month, but I’ve never looked back.

3 Likes

I was done when I was in my mid 20’s, foreskin would pull back but was so tight that it was restricting the blood flow to my bellend. So I always had to make sure of using plenty of lube so that the skin wouldn’t go all the way back. 3 weeks after the op, the sensitivity on my tip was overwhelming and it took a good few months to get control of my orgasms again.

1 Like

Thank you all for the information
It has been mentioned that some length can be lost in the operation but what about his girth
He anyone noticed or your partner noticed
I got to be honest I’m Very happy with my OHs manhood, he could afford to loose an inch or so as he can go very deep
But best of all is his girth

1 Like

@Hornywife1 Don’t worry about the loss… it’s minimal, but girth as you’ll see from my reply the helmet will swell because the skin is there to hold moisture, my penis looks much thicker at the head than it used to be, but I think it’s all about perception, don’t worry he wont lose much size

2 Likes

Dont worry about the girth because Lovehoney actually sell Fantasy X-Tensions Uncut Penis Enhancer with Strap ( Out of Stock at the moment ) for all us circumcised men out there to to reminisce when we had a foreskin !! Lol :joy:.
I bought one and was very impressed with it ,
It gives you even more girth than before you were circumcised, so watch out women it will make your eyes water !!! Worth having a look as you can still lick the head of the penis . I gave a good review on it for the money

1 Like