Circumcised as an adult

hi, it’s likely that I’ll have to undergo it for medical reasons around basically my foreskin being tight, which it has on and off through my life, leading to pain over the last three months, which its plain, is now not going away

not bothered by the operation itself and know it will be sore for a week or so while healing but how do I manage things from here on in. Will I be over sensitive? Will I need to use lube more? Any hints from people who have been through it are welcomed. TIA.

1 Like

I’d suspect sensitivity will be increased for a while and most definitely lube will hereafter be required more frequently if masturbating or during sex…

Have you tried any other treatments for tight foreskin as depending on the severity there are exercises to help stretch the skin and you can get steroid creams from the GP to combine with exercises.

1 Like

Circumcised as a boy, but I still have vague recollections of it all. Same as you - medical.

It won’t impact anything sexually … you won’t need more lube. The head will be permanently exposed so, over time, you’ll probably lose a little sensitivity … but that’s just day-to-day. Being aroused/sex etc will still feel great.

You can still jerk off - there’s just less skin coverage.
It’s easier to keep clean.
It’s never impeded me in any way.

4 Likes

Hiya, thanks, yes, tried the alternatives and now in quite a bit of pain.

1 Like

Hi

I had this done as an adult in December 2020 for pretty much the same reasons as you. Foreskin was very tight when I had an erection leading to splits and bleeding at times.

As others have said you will be more sensitive for a period of time. Varies for each person obviously but I think it took me at least a year to fully get to grips with it.

Make no mistake, you will not be able to use it sexually for at least 2/3 weeks cause of the stitches and most likely pain.

Make sure you wear loose comfy shorts and trousers as well.

I had this done as an adult, for similar reasons.

It’s uncomfortable rather than very painful. I would suggest you use sanitary towels as padding to protect against knocks, especially if you’re likely to be on a crowded train and the like. My wife gave me advice on size and fit.

You should be more or less back to normal in a couple of weeks.

I was extra sensitive during sex for about 6 months but it was quite pleasurable. My wife has since said she prefers me cut.

2 Likes

Ouch bless you, I suppose then it will be for the best to have surgery. On the plus side things have a way of healing fast down there so shouldn’t be in too much discomfort from recovery that long :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly the same for me as @Lord_Vetinari , @Mr_Mrs_W10 and soon your good self.
I have to admit I don’t miss my Jedi Cloak whatsoever :rofl: and more importantly neither does my wife.
I certainly feel a lot more than I did before which took a little adjustment but knowing the discomfort you are currently experiencing, it’s a no brainer with a win-win outcome in my opinion.
Just give it plenty of time to heal!
Good luck

1 Like

I have my op booked (NHS) in roughly 3 weeks time.

The nerves will start to build up before the day but I think I’ll document my recovery somewhat on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

best of luck fella

Had mine done on valentines day 2022 at the age of 42. Same issues as others, sex was painful, was trying to get by with hydrocortisone cream for a couple of years, wish id just dealt with it earlier.

My wife prefers it cut, its all round just easier and i have 3, i wish id had them done as little ones now i know both sides of the experience.

My advice is the recovery takes time - first couple of weeks its NOT pretty downstairs. I just thought it wasnt going to heal, i was recommended optrex to put on the cut as the stitches started to come out and it really helped the healing.

Getting hard in the first few days can be a bit painful and holds up the healing a bit.

For me 4 weeks for first tentative spank of the monkey and about 6 weeks before sex again.

You will have some scarring but mine is fading with time.

Nothing to fear, im happy i had it done - just be patient in those first few weeks !

Good luck