Cleaning old marks

Yeah the subject doesn't sound that pleasant does it. If there was ever a place I could ask this, it's here though.

We have a really nice bed and mostly use a mattress protector too but occasionally my wife's period has started during the night. It's far from predictable so as a result, we have a few marks on the mattress that I'd love to shift, any ideas what I could use?

I would suggest saturating the area with water- then making up a thick paste with a oxi action power - a bog standard brand or vanish will work, then run the area with the paste, once u see the stain lifting, you then saturate the area again, place a towel over the area and soak up any excess liquid + stain!

When completely dry- Hoover the area! I do this process with carpets and red wine and it works every time!

Key is to use cold water as hot water and blood is not a good combo!

Xxx

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I know that hot water is a no-no. I think we have done vanish powder in too. Here's hoping.

I have always been able to get blood out with cold salt water, not sure why but it seems to work