Cleaning realistic male toys

Hi there!

First post here. I recently bought a Jessie Andrews UR3 realistic vagina and after teaming it with Liquid Silk lube, I am very pleased with it (used KY Jelly first time which was sticky, tacky and rubbish). I can't wait to introduce it into play with my girlfriend he he. :D

My question concerns caring for it - I have a bottle of Lovehoney Sex toy cleaner and a tub of Doc Johnson renewal powder but are either of these products actually necessary? I have heard numerous Lovehoney videos saying you can wash these toys in warm soapy water and as for the renewal powder, the only ingredient is cornstarch - wouldn't you get exactly the same renewing effects by buying a large tub of cornstarch from a supermarket and saving lots of money?

Thanks in advance!

You are spot on.
I use warm soapy water and cornflour from sainos with no detriment

Yes! Warm, soapy water and cornstarch will be absolutely fine. Just make sure you rinse the soap off very well. Also, the lips will start to lose their coloring but this is normal.

Using soapy water is fine you might want to give your toy a spritz of toy cleaner to sanitise it

Thanks all! The lips lost their colouring after the first use, but I'm not too fussed. :) For £10, I am very pleased. :) In fact, if I can just use warm soapy water, that would be preferable as I find that when I use the sex toy spray cleaner, the spray rebounds off the item and usually straight into my eye which doesn't feel too nice ha ha! I hold it a reasonable distance away, but this still happens.

I use warm soapy water never had any issues