Cleaning Toys

I was wondering, do you need to clean box-fresh toys before you use them? Obviously they've practically never been touched out-of-box and thus should technically be clean anyway...

Our How to Clean and Store Sex Toys guide recommends a clean before and after, so would make sense to give them a rinse before the first use.

i was wondering if a baby bottle steralising solution would work for toys. i figured if it was good enough for a baby it would be good enough to go in me...but then i wasnt sure if it might cause abad reaction as its not designed for insertan at that end of the body.

rag doll wrote:

i was wondering if a baby bottle steralising solution would work for toys. i figured if it was good enough for a baby it would be good enough to go in me...but then i wasnt sure if it might cause abad reaction as its not designed for insertan at that end of the body.

I am not sure if its meant for insertion. Having said that, I did use baby cleaning oil on the outside without any issues, of course. But I would possibly worry about some reaction. I believe some are on bit oily basis, if I remember the one most commonly use here.

The LH Sqwerty stuff is cheap enough and seems to be lasting a long while :)

If it's a non-porous toy then warm soapy water should be enough. You're washing bacteria off the surface after all. I don't see if there is much need to completely destroy the bactera if you succeed in successfully removing them altogether. You have to make sure you clean every part though ofc or it's pointless.

We have only ever used soapy water, just making sure it's rinsed well, and we've never had a problem!

We use anti-bac soap and have never experienced any problems :)

i use either warm water with antibacterial hanwash or lelo sex toy cleaner if im not near a sink or the toy isnt waterproof. both do the job though :)

i always clean new toys with the spray before i use them. you never know how long they have been lying about in storage and chances are they werent packaged in a sterile environment, so they could be contaminated with dust etc. better safe than sorry

Hx

lilmadam92 wrote:

We have only ever used soapy water, just making sure it's rinsed well, and we've never had a problem!

Same here x

In the end, I just followed the Sqwerty guidelines of a spray and hot rinse before & after.

Thanks all!!

J.