Cock Ring cleanliness and sharing.

Hi, something that popped up on social media got me thinking about hygiene and sex toys. Now, it's well documented that sharing toys is pretty much a no no unless you have glass / silicone or metals that can be thoroughly cleaned but consider the scenario if you will. Suppose I'm with a lady, I'm using a condom and I'm using a cock ring. Now, suppose a week or so later I'm enjoying time with a different lady, I'm using a condom because I'm being responsible in my single life but I snap on the 'ring to aid my performance. In theory should I use a different ring with each potential different partner. I know silicone rings (as mentioned above) can be suitably cleaned but could some of the tpe / jelly ones and, some of the vibrating non silicone ones potentially transfer nasties from one body to another?

Hi Alicia4Ever thanks, that's what I did think, it's more an observation than my normal practice but, I will bear it in mind in the long term. Hey, at least they are cheap enough!

Yeah I actually have never thought about it like that before! Wow!

So for me as a woman, obviously my husband doesn't share my dildo's but I am partial to putting some of my butt plugs ect up his bum... of course all are thoroughly washed in between use and I wouldn't have done that with anyone else before him.

Quality, body-safe materials such as metals, glass, silicone can be boiled in order to sterlise... perhaps not the material your cock ring is made from though?

I used a cock ring for the very first time a few weeks ago and put it on over the condom - that felt safer than the other way around to me. I'm seeing a different lady next week and have decided to uae a new ring, so she sees it come out of the packet. So new lady, new condom (of course!), new ring - and we should both feel safe and just enjoy the love making.